Urgent rooster health issue

What is the white material on his feathers and in the surroundings? Is the hen behind him also affected? Could they have gotten into some powder? Fungus or favus can cause white chaulky material on the comb and wattles, but first I would like to rule out something in the area.

What is the white material on his feathers and in the surroundings? Is the hen behind him also affected? Could they have gotten into some powder? Fungus or favus can cause white chaulky material on the comb and wattles, but first I would like to rule out something in the area.
I was asking about the white powdery stuff. I'm hoping someone might know. There is no way they could have gotten into anything. They can't get out of their enclosure. I don't see anything on the other 6 hens and they all seem normal so far. He has a dirty vent, too.

It almost looks like he's covered in lice.
It does look like that but nothing is moving when I look up close and it wasn't like that yesterday. I was able to get him to come close to me by offering him bread, and the white wasn't there. I don't know what could get that bad in less than 24 hours.

I would start by treating for parasites, lice and mites. Ivermectin pour on, or added to water. If you can, you give him a dust bath yourself if he wont. Electrolytes and vitamins (with A, D, E, B, Selenium), peas, cat food (vet recommended to me for sick chickens), scrambled eggs daily.
If that doesnt help improve him in a couple days to a week if he lasts that long, I would recommend taking to a vet for something else.

Back
Top Bottom