Urgent Sick 1 month old chick gasping for air

Jangela

Chirping
Jan 17, 2023
Hi everyone I have a 1 month old chick who is gasping for breath and has mucus and is sneezing what can I give him.
IMG_3030.jpeg

Where are you brooding the chicks? Do they have adequate ventilation?

A video of the chick so we can see and hear her may be helpful - upload video to youtube and provide a link.

Check the chick's crop to make sure it's emptying overnight.

What do you feed, including treats?

The chicks are with the mother and they eat chick starter feed and water with electrolytes and here and there probiotic as treats we give them lettuce diced cucumbers , squash , pumpkin here and there I will see if I can post a video on the chick tomorrow.

Where are you brooding the chicks? Do they have adequate ventilation?

A video of the chick so we can see and hear her may be helpful - upload video to youtube and provide a link.

Check the chick's crop to make sure it's emptying overnight.

What do you feed, including treats?
IMG_3092.jpeg

They are with the mother and they go outside when it’s in its 80 degrees outside

They are a month old?

They should be able to handle temperature lower than 80F. Do you have an outdoor space ready for them?

I'd think about transitioning them outside so they have room to roam and move about.

They are a month old?

They should be able to handle temperature lower than 80F. Do you have an outdoor space ready for them?

I'd think about transitioning them outside so they have room to roam and move about.
Yes I do have a place for them to roam around that is enclosed where they can see the flock . because my big hens and roosters are aggressive with chicks

Back
Top Bottom