Sick lethargic chicken

LongLiveChickens

In the Brooder
May 9, 2022
Hi ive had a chicken inside since it was a baby, it almost died by being layed out and head under a feeder, (literally flattened out stepped all over) i saved it somehow because it was still breathing and gasping for air with dust in its mouth but it lived. still to this day its a few months old. But i noticed it started limping, super wobbly bad posture and it barely walks. it also has a cross beak problem. it droops its wings and it's usually quiet but now it sneezes and gasps randomly and consistently. it goes and huddles the heat source ive given it and sits there - But she still eats by herself and drinks water. The poop is green and white and watery. i don't know what else to do, ive kept her inside because shes much smaller than my hens and roosters. Please help.

I'm sorry about the chick.
How old is she now?

Do you have photos of her and her poop?

What are you feeding her, including treats?

She's eating on her own, is she gaining weight o.k.?

Green poop sometimes be due to not eating enough.
You may need to provide a deep dish with moistened or wet chick starter or even tube feed her at least once a day to help her gain weight and assure that she's getting enough nutrition.

Since she suffered serious injury to the head at an early age, it's possible that she's failing to thrive. I hope that's no the case.

Back
Top Bottom