1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

URGENT: Sick 3 day old baby

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Robin L, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Two days ago I recieved 10 babies, 1 was getting pushed and walked on and I know to take it out. All she wants to do is stay warm, I cant get her to eat or drink. I am keeping her in the house not the coop. She is pooping and looks normal. Anyone got advise? Thank you in advance for any help.
    I have 9 adult chickens that Ive had for a year but never had babies before.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

What you might need to do is separate her with a nice/calm chick so she has a better chance. Also is she showing any signs of illness?

3. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Keep her under a light in the house for warmth. Polyvisol drops (get at the drugstore...1 drop 3 times a day) and some Avian 2000 electrolytes in her water. You may have to drop the water on the side of her beak to get her going. Offer regular starter and also a finely chopped boiled egg.

4. Robin L

Robin L Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for all your help but we lost baby Peeps.

5. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Sorry for your loss [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by