URGENT~ SOFT SHELLED EGGS AND A LETHARGIC DUCK!!!

What is the dosage for the powder Tylan200? I weighed Quackers and she is 4.6 pounds. What is the correct dosage? Also is that an average weight for a black Swed. or is she underwieght (she hasn't been eating so I wouldn't be surprised if she was.)?

What is the dosage for the powder Tylan200?   I weighed Quackers and she is 4.6 pounds.  What is the correct dosage?  Also is that an average weight for a black Swed. or is she underwieght (she hasn't been eating so I wouldn't be surprised if she was.)?

I wish I nknew the dosage but I don't the average weight is 7 lbs for the females at full grown!

My Muscovy's weigh about 5-6 lbs. so if she is under weight it's not by far... Here is the dosage given on the Med chart I have from Twin City Poultry

Tylan powder 1-2 teaspoon per gallon of water for 5 days. be sure to pick up some kind of probiotic should have some in powder for livestock so when she is through with the Tylan you can give the probiotic to her to get her good bacteria going again in her gut.

Me and Quack went to the vet with the Tylan. They referred us to the best avian do yet in the state about 3 hours away. We started to leave at 3:00 but they close at 5:00 and we realized that we would never make it in time. We called the avian doctor and he confirmed my suspicions about it sounding a lot like EYP... He is not going to be in to work tomorrow but he is on Wednesday. He said to take he back to the bet in town and have them give her some Baytril. So they gave her 1 shot of that and gave her some fluids. They said that she needs the baytril shots 2x's a day so I am taking her back in at 9:00 in the morning tomorrow. We might leave to the vet a couple hours away tomorrow and just give her to the vet and have them keep her stable until the doctor gets in and get a hotel room and stay down there. We also might wait until early Wednesday morning them drive down there. I am still a bit unclear as to what else but the avian vet said the he would examine her and give her an X-ray then work off of that. Quackers is sleeping inside tonight. I brought her some crickets (her favorite food) but then poor thing only ate the crickets that were right in front off her but didn't have the energy to chase the other ones around.

Stress, stress,stress... Prayers she will stay with us until Wednesday.. The vet knew how serious EYP was and also reminded me that there is a possibility that we might lose her...

Me and Quack went to the vet with the Tylan. They referred us to the best avian do yet in the state about 3 hours away. We started to leave at 3:00 but they close at 5:00 and we realized that we would never make it in time. We called the avian doctor and he confirmed my suspicions about it sounding a lot like EYP... He is not going to be in to work tomorrow but he is on Wednesday. He said to take he back to the bet in town and have them give her some Baytril. So they gave her 1 shot of that and gave her some fluids. They said that she needs the baytril shots 2x's a day so I am taking her back in at 9:00 in the morning tomorrow. We might leave to the vet a couple hours away tomorrow and just give her to the vet and have them keep her stable until the doctor gets in and get a hotel room and stay down there. We also might wait until early Wednesday morning them drive down there. I am still a bit unclear as to what else but the avian vet said the he would examine her and give her an X-ray then work off of that. Quackers is sleeping inside tonight. I brought her some crickets (her favorite food) but then poor thing only ate the crickets that were right in front off her but didn't have the energy to chase the other ones around.

Stress, stress,stress... Prayers she will stay with us until Wednesday.. The vet knew how serious EYP was and also reminded me that there is a possibility that we might lose her...

U and quackers are in my prayers!

Mine too Pet Duck. Please keep us updated.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom