URGENT~ SOFT SHELLED EGGS AND A LETHARGIC DUCK!!!

Something else, if it hasn't already been mention, your duck needs some extra calcium and vitamin D. I used a human chewable calcium with D, crushed and added to a 1/4 - 1/2 cup of water. Only source of drinking water available until it is gone. Do this once a day sometime in between the antibiotic doses, not at the same time.

I am so sorry I didn't get here earlier last night.

Quacker's is doing the same. I called the vet this morning and Veterinarian isn't supposed to be there until tomorrow. They gave me another number to call and I called them and the doctor is busy but he will call me back in several minutes so I can ask him a couple questions about Quackers. After I called the other vet at the other end of the state I might make an appointment for the vet that is two hours and 30 minutes away for tomorrow. Hopefully the vet I am about to call will give me some good advice on Quacker's problems. Still praying...

Quacker's is doing the same. I called the vet this morning and Veterinarian isn't supposed to be there until tomorrow. They gave me another number to call and I called them and the doctor is busy but he will call me back in several minutes so I can ask him a couple questions about Quackers. After I called the other vet at the other end of the state I might make an appointment for the vet that is two hours and 30 minutes away for tomorrow. Hopefully the vet I am about to call will give me some good advice on Quacker's problems. Still praying...
If nothing else maybe they can give you prescription of recc antibiotic for her to get the infection starting to clear up, BYC member rec the Tylan 200 or Baytril or Penicillin so ask about these. Glad to hear she is still hanging on. Let us know what the vet says. Still praying on this end too.

Thanks Miss Lydia. If I don't get any other advice from the vet then I will start calling feed stores and ask if the have Tylan 200 for her.

Thanks Miss Lydia. If I don't get any other advice from the vet then I will start calling feed stores and ask if the have Tylan 200 for her.
fl.gif

I called my vet and they referred me to a vet about 20 minutes in town that I have never even heard of. They have the Tylan 200 in a powder form. The receptionist said that she would look up the dosage for a duck and that she would be ready at about 1:00 o'clock. I also found the Calcium Gluconate at the local TSC (at about 40 miles away, not so local). I guess that is all good news. Quackers is still getting worse... I really hope that this helps her get better. 50/50 chance of survival? I hope I get the better end of that one.

B.T.W- Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. It really means a lot when your steady losing hope. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom