Urgent! Weird sounds inside duckling! Is this normal?

Croissant

Songster
Mar 18, 2022
There’s these really weird sounds I can hear inside the duckling, I’m not sure what to do as it’s my first time hearing it, it’s incredibly loud, I don’t know what’s going on, is it just an upset stomach? Can’t hear it from the others. She’s a female (sexed) called duckling, I’m not sure how old she is but I assume around 10? They have had a mixture of poops, from runny white to brown - the brown ones stink a lot. They’re eating duckling crumbs mixed with grit, occasional mealworms and have a container of water with a cut out to drink and an open lid container of water to splash in as it’s gotten really hot here - the water tends to wind up very dirty in that container really quickly and it’s the container the ducklings tend to drink out of as well over the other one. Oh I did feed the ducklings a little bit of watermelon but the older girl ate it rather than this one, she ate a little bit of rice that my mum fed them (between two ducklings they had a tea spoon worth of cooked rice - both foods were new)

Not sure how to post a video here so here’s a link! That sound towards the end of the first video is what I hear inside her:

F648CE87-CC40-45E2-8D25-891B280678DD.jpeg
F700083A-2E67-4BD5-9DB8-F310AE546E48.jpeg

Last edited:
Usually that sound is the gizzard crunching up things as it passes through. Put the grit into a separate container close to their feed they will eat it as they need it. Leave off rice. It's nothing but carbs and they really don't need it. I understand mealworms will make their poop smell bad. I did feed mealworms to my ducklings as a special treat though.

Usually that sound is the gizzard crunching up things as it passes through. Put the grit into a separate container close to their feed they will eat it as they need it. Leave off rice. It's nothing but carbs and they really don't need it. I understand mealworms will make their poop smell bad. I did feed mealworms to my ducklings as a special treat though.
Oh wow I didn’t consider that - it was just so loud and random, it had me worried!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom