URGENT: Wry neck chicken seizures/spazzing?

Well not part of the wry neck/seizure problem....but it could be the reason she looked so I'll in the photo above...if she was having serious trouble with a stuck egg.
Good morning! Yes, the egg is a little bigger than normal. Piggy is still in the same position as last night but her eyes are open and she is more responsive.

Good morning! Yes, the egg is a little bigger than normal. Piggy is still in the same position as last night but her eyes are open and she is more responsive.
She if you can encourage her to drink.

I have been taking my finger and dipping it in the water and then putting it on the lower part of her beak. She is swallowing
Great keep doing it.
You can try to hold a spoon if water up to her beak and see if she will drink that on her own.

Hello all.

Our 1 year old rhode island hen Piggy was acting strange around two days ago (stargazing, violent head turning), and after researching symptoms, we were certain it is wry neck. We have been treating her with mixable supplements for her water that include many vitamins and have been giving her a small dosage of vitamin e since then. This morning, she was doing better than usual, we have been letting her walk around outside and she seemed to enjoy it more than being in the dogcrate inside our garage with the fan on her. This afternoon in her crate, she began to flap her wings violently and she couldn't seem to stand on her feet. Our instant reaction was to move her inside with the AC and place her in a crate, and when we first put her in there, she was what seemed like having a seizure (flapping her wings, jerking her head, not being able to stand) She actually calmed down and layed down after a few times of going through a spasm, and is still laying down. She is completley relaxed and is sleeping, but we are so confused as to how she is even still fighting through and why this behavior is happening. A vet is being considered but as you probably know, it can get pretty pricey. I hope you all can help me as we hold our chickens dear to heart.

Edit: She also hasn't been sleeping too much, and I know seizures can be tiring, so maybe she is deprived?

im so sorry for you and piggy.

Also, I took her out and held her on her stomach, like a normal chicken sleeping/laying down. When i put her back in the box, she stretches out her legs and lays on her side like in the photo. I have her head and neck propped up on a towel because without it she turns her neck like crazy.

Also, I took her out and held her on her stomach, like a normal chicken sleeping/laying down. When i put her back in the box, she stretches out her legs and lays on her side like in the photo. I have her head and neck propped up on a towel because without it she turns her neck like crazy.
Which vitamin E pills do you have. Can you take a picture of the bottle?

I dont have pills, but I have oil. I have been giving her small dosages by mixing it in some water. We also have been mixing some agrilabs vitamins and electrolytes plus in just her regular water.

Attachments

• WIN_20190721_10_22_46_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20190721_10_22_46_Pro.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom