URGENT: Wry neck chicken seizures/spazzing?

Oh, wow! this is pretty similar to my case. I will try to give her some yogurt now and I will keep that saved to maybe run out to the store later today.
If I not mistaken, I haven't read it in a while, she was giving 2 vitamin E pills a day.

If I not mistaken, I haven't read it in a while, she was giving 2 vitamin E pills a day.
Yes. I will probably head to the store to find some. She seems to like the yogurt also, she has opened her eyes again and has been swallowing. I have been putting it on the end of her beak.

Yes. I will probably head to the store to find some. She seems to like the yogurt also, she has opened her eyes again and has been swallowing. I have been putting it on the end of her beak.
Head to the store to grab ND what?
I thought you already had the pills?

Sorry..I'm confused.

Most people give 400 IU of vitamin E daily for wry neck symptoms, which is the human daily dose. Since E is a fat soluble vitamin, and an excess is not excreted, that is probably more than enough E, unless using a water soluble form, which is harder to find. Vitamin E oil is fine if you can calculate the dosage. Usually selenium is already in their feed, and only a small amount is needed. Egg or tuna have plenty. Just a little B1 thiamine is needed, so any chicken vitamin is fine. Being egg bound or having trouble laying may have stressed her. Hopefully, she will start eating soon. Visits with the other chickens, even in a dog crate next to them, might get her drinking and eating better.

When I had a sick hen who could not get to food on her own, I would mix a cereal bowl with watery chicken feed, a little scrambled chopped egg, and alternate with tuna, canned cat food salmon, or liver. Everything had a few drops of water on it because she would not drink for some reason. I did that for 5 weeks, and she recovered from whatever was wrong.

Most people give 400 IU of vitamin E daily for wry neck symptoms, which is the human daily dose. Since E is a fat soluble vitamin, and an excess is not excreted, that is probably more than enough E, unless using a water soluble form, which is harder to find. Vitamin E oil is fine if you can calculate the dosage. Usually selenium is already in their feed, and only a small amount is needed. Egg or tuna have plenty. Just a little B1 thiamine is needed, so any chicken vitamin is fine. Being egg bound or having trouble laying may have stressed her. Hopefully, she will start eating soon. Visits with the other chickens, even in a dog crate next to them, might get her drinking and eating better.

When I had a sick hen who could not get to food on her own, I would mix a cereal bowl with watery chicken feed, a little scrambled chopped egg, and alternate with tuna, canned cat food salmon, or liver. Everything had a few drops of water on it because she would not drink for some reason. I did that for 5 weeks, and she recovered from whatever was wrong.
Thank you. When she was out in the garage her friends would come to visit her every so often, but it is so hot outside. When she can finally sit up I could probably take her out, only just the other day she was able to walk around with her friends and peck around. I will give her vitamin E oil

Keeping them all familiar is a good thing especially if she recovers. My hen who was sick for 5 weeks, and was a flock leader, was bullied and shunned from the flock after she was up walking again. She has to stay on the other side of the fence by herself in a separate coop. It can be difficult to re-integrate a sick chicken when they are out for more than week.

Keeping them all familiar is a good thing especially if she recovers. My hen who was sick for 5 weeks, and was a flock leader, was bullied and shunned from the flock after she was up walking again. She has to stay on the other side of the fence by herself in a separate coop. It can be difficult to re-integrate a sick chicken when they are out for more than week.
Oh yes, I am more than well aware of the consequences :barnie Thankfully the two girls who decided to want to have babies have made their way back into the flock. She probably wont be up on her legs today, but if she is I will let her see her friends. If she isn't by tomorrow, ill take her out there in the dog crate.

Okay all, i'm going to head off to pay fully attention to Piggy. Thank you for your support and help. I will update you tonight. I've been busy trying to get the vitamin E in her, but i'm trying to have patience.

Back
Top Bottom