URGENT

My experience is that a healthy, strong chick will continue absorbing the yolk, even outside the shell. It doesn't sound like your boy is, though.

If there's a significant amount of yolk, his chances aren't good. If there's not, I might try smearing it with antibiotic ointment, and pushing it in, then supergluing the opening shut. I've done that once, and it worked well, though it was a two-person job (one person to hold the chick, the other to barely dab the superglue.)
He popped out of the egg and his neck isn’t cricked anymore. He’s very alert and active even while he’s in the cup. There was barely anything on his bottom where the yolk was. But there was still a hole that had a very noticeable “umbilical cord” attached to. Can I use the super glue method with that? And is it necessary? There is barely anything thing there. I would barely call it an “umbilical cord”. He’s just attached to the egg?!?!?

He popped out of the egg and his neck isn’t cricked anymore. He’s very alert and active even while he’s in the cup. There was barely anything on his bottom where the yolk was. But there was still a hole that had a very noticeable “umbilical cord” attached to. Can I use the super glue method with that? And is it necessary? There is barely anything thing there. I would barely call it an “umbilical cord”. He’s just attached to the egg?!?!?
That's great! Umbilical cord is fine. Sometimes, it holds on and sometimes it doesn't. Usually the chick rips it out. Just snip it.

He’s currently in a cup. I can’t get a picture of the yolk. I’m scared to rip it.
That's fine better to leave it alone.
Was yolk entirely out of the abdomen.....or was abdomen just showing a slit partially open?
I've had a few close up that were pretty open....others not so much.
Wait and see, hope for the best, prepare for the worst(euthanization)

That's great! Umbilical cord is fine. Sometimes, it holds on and sometimes it doesn't. Usually the chick rips it out. Just snip it.
How can I tell if it’s the umbilical cord or something else? And what do I do about the open hole from where it was? Will it close on its own?

can you post a pic.. That will help.. How is it doing
797D7C53-C702-43C3-B85F-38E6C039B6C4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom