urgh i suck at rabbit owning

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by stone_family3, Oct 30, 2011.

1. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    I had one rabbit go mia, then another keeps getting out, then I rehomed one and had to buy it back and now it has gone missing. I just want to cry.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I am here to tell you that you do not suck. Rabbits are smart and pull houdini acts all the time. Find out where they are escaping and tighten up the security.

3. Alicia G

Alicia G Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Nova Scotia
    My rabbit learned at a young age how to open the latch on her cage and she would run like a mad man and then take off down the street to steal dog food from the neighbors [​IMG] if they are determined enough, its gonna happen [​IMG]

4. stone_family3

stone_family3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Ohio
    Thanks everyone, I did find out where the mama rabbit was getting out at, the bunnies however can just squeeze right through the fence [​IMG] I got some boards to put up around the run so they can't get out. I'll be locking the mama up in her kennel and I'll have to adjust it accordingly for the bunnies since they can squeeze out of the kennel.

5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    You are not a bad rabbit owner. Someone at my house left the door of my hutch open and my rabbit got out. Unfortunately, something got her that same night. I felt terrible for weeks afterwards. Mistakes happen and the best we can do is learn from them!

6. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    Though it is small it might be safer to buy the $20 wire cage at Thiesens if you have one close by, you could even buy two and combine them together by not putting in one of the sides on each cage and hooking them together instead. That way at least they are not getting out all the time until you have time to build them a better cage, Craigslist also has cheap ones sometimes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by