URI? Help.

Hycclady

Hatching
May 10, 2021
I’ve never dealt with this before and I could really use help. I have a baby that I got that had the sniffles. It was chilly when I picked it up and figured it was cold. It was probably dumb to think that looking back. I didn’t want to brood it alone so I put it in with my other chicks. Fast forward to today. The new chick has sneezing and it’s sometimes a little gurgle with the sneeze. It eats, drinks, and poops normally. Plays with everyone else. Now 4 others are sneezing and a little gurgle but not nearly as often. I’m now at the point where I’m convinced it’s URI. I’ve started with a little vetRX under the wings and on the beaks of everyone. A little orally given to my sickest one. My next step is to get some Tylan. I feel really horrible it got to this. I should have known better. No one could possibly make me feel worse than I already do. I feel like a horrible chicken mom. The help I need is Tylan dosing for 3-4 week old chicks. Tylan 50 or 200? I see the .1 cc recommend but I also saw someone say they split that does in half and give one half in the morning and one at night? I give everyone in there tylan? Or only the ones showing symptoms? How do I clean the brooder since I’m about to move them to the grow out kennel? How do I help prevent outbreaks? I plan on cooping all these babies far away from everyone else but I’m not going to cull them. I just can’t. They are pets and I have no plan of selling any.

Back
Top Bottom