USA vs. CANADA (olympic hockey)

i hope NOT ...lol

the women set the bar really high though

ETA:
I have a gripe about the mens hockey team though... its mostly NHL players... in my opinion they are professionals... and the Olympics are supposed to be for amateur sports once you start getting paid millions every year to do that sport you should not be eligible to compete in the olympics until you have been UNpaid in that sport for 1 year.

Last edited:
Yes they did,the women are great.
The mens game today should be a good one (I hope)
smile.png

pips&peeps :

I thought the US men already beat Canada last week and moved forward..........

USA did win against Canada once already but they will paly again this afternoon to decide the gold/silver standing​

pips&peeps :

I thought the US men already beat Canada last week and moved forward..........

They did but that wasn't a final game just a lead up so then Canada beat someone else and moved on and beat Norway to meet US in the Finals today.​

I have to admit... i HATE hockey.. hate it with a passion... The thought of sitting through 3 -20 minute periods makes me want to go
he.gif
and then head for the first exit.. I will admit to following these games but only the hockey and the USA /Canada games... I will only read about it in the paper or hear the results on the news

but i am 35 years old and am a born and breed Canadian.. but i have NEVER sat and watched a whole hockey game

Quote:
I tend to agree but you can't hold the hockey team to a higher standard then all the other athletes. Would you considere Lindsey Voughn or Shaun White amateurs they are professionals along with most of the other athletes competing today in the Olympics. I don't like it either its just not the Hockey team only
hmm.png

Quote:
I tend to agree but you can't hold the hockey team to a higher standard then all the other athletes. Would you considere Lindsey Voughn or Shaun White amateurs they are professionals along with most of the other athletes competing today in the Olympics. I don't like it either its just not the Hockey team only
hmm.png

who are they?
hide.gif
LOL

ETA:
Researched them... and I cant answer that.. I will admit i am not a huge sports fan..but if you currently play in the:
NHL
CFL
NFL
or the soccer league that Beckham plays in... (duh,, told you i dont do sports.lol)
Major league Baseball
your contracts are worth millions and millions (usually) to me these are PROs... and should have to forfit their wage for 1 FULL year (at least) before competing in amateur sports.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom