Use a dozen eggs at a time...

It is on the agenda to make those two recipes this weekend. Going to use orange extract instead of lemon as, like you, that is what we have in the pantry.

This link is to one of my posts in one of the canning threads. It has a link for some really delicious stuff, Honey Butter Ambrosia. REALLY good on toast and English muffins.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/78434/what-are-you-canning-now/8750#post_12119821

Enjoy.
I just looked up the recipe for the Honey Butter Ambrosia......wow it sure sounds good, but maybe a little to good. LOL!!! I am making homemade bread next week--(it'll be my first time) maybe I'll make a small batch of the Ambrosia spread to go along with the bread.

Forgot to post a follow up. Made the recipe and the cakes turned out great. All three cakes vanished rather quickly. Recipe is definitely a keeper.

Edit to add...

Oh yeah. The honey butter is very rich and a little goes a long ways. On the plus side, it keeps very well in the freezer. Currently have about 4 or 5 in the freezer that have been there for several months. No adverse changes to flavor or texture. Doesn't actually freeze solid so it can be used as soon as you take it out of the freezer without waiting on it to thaw.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom