Using a Brinsea Mini Advance Bator need advise from fellow users of this particular bator Please :

I am also a newbie. I hatched my first chicks in a Brinsea advanced mini. So so easy. Temp is stable, use a hygrometer to maintain humidity but it is very good at maintaining levels. I turned every 180 min at 5 angle (I think, shut off cooling since I am candling obsessed.

My first two eggs hatched with no issue! I woke up to find fluffy silkies running around incubatore. My second hatch was a disaster because I lost power on the 20th day because of a blizzard.

I am at day 19 and I put my important eggs in the Brinsea and my other eggs in my genesis. I then put all in lockdown in the genesis because it is bigger. Fingers crossed, I had 11 that look like they are full term just waiting to hatch!

I am also a newbie. I hatched my first chicks in a Brinsea advanced mini. So so easy. Temp is stable, use a hygrometer to maintain humidity but it is very good at maintaining levels. I turned every 180 min at 5 angle (I think, shut off cooling since I am candling obsessed.

My first two eggs hatched with no issue! I woke up to find fluffy silkies running around incubatore. My second hatch was a disaster because I lost power on the 20th day because of a blizzard.

I am at day 19 and I put my important eggs in the Brinsea and my other eggs in my genesis. I then put all in lockdown in the genesis because it is bigger. Fingers crossed, I had 11 that look like they are full term just waiting to hatch!
Hi liljunie!! Ty for the post!!! Please keep me posted on how your hatch goes!!!!

I'm expecting mine to be delivered any day!!! Can't wait! If candling, doesn't the temperature difference from inside the bator to outside the bator have an affect?

I have the Brinsea Mini also. I am on day 17. I just used the factory settings and the quick guide to set it up. I candled the eggs a couple of days ago and I can see the dark spot veins, so I think they are doing good
1f60a.png
the only one I could not see was a dark green egg. So I will just have to go on a wing and a prayer with that one. I do have to watch the water level to make sure there is water in it. I have the auto turner since I have a terrible memory and would probably forget to turn them. If I goes we'll with theses 7, I might like to get the Eco 20 incubator someday in the future.
Good luck to everyone hope you have great hatches!!

I have the Brinsea Mini also. I am on day 17. I just used the factory settings and the quick guide to set it up. I candled the eggs a couple of days ago and I can see the dark spot veins, so I think they are doing good
1f60a.png
the only one I could not see was a dark green egg. So I will just have to go on a wing and a prayer with that one. I do have to watch the water level to make sure there is water in it. I have the auto turner since I have a terrible memory and would probably forget to turn them. If I goes we'll with theses 7, I might like to get the Eco 20 incubator someday in the future.
Good luck to everyone hope you have great hatches!!
Heya Sgtfirstwife how are things goin? So excited to hear!!!

Heya Liljunie!! How did your hatch turn out?? Can't wait to hear!!! UPdate!!!

I had a great hatch! 13 out of 16 from local breeder, and 13 out of 30 shipped. All 7 of the eggs in the Brinsea hatched!! The rest were in a genesis and did OK but not great. I found it hard to regulate the humidity.

Back
Top Bottom