Using Sound To Repel Predators

calista

Songster
9 Years
Jan 27, 2010
I have a barter deal going that would include my getting one of these (never used):

The Ultra Protect Ultrasonic Animal Deterrent is the latest in devices to keep unwanted animals out of your yards, flowers, shrubs, and other areas you choose. This state of the art repellent utilizes powerful high-pitched frequencies to deter animals from invading your space. Inaudible to humans, animals find this high-pitched frequency uncomfortable and move to a more peaceful neighborhood.

Simply place the repeller facing any area you would like to deter animals within 25 feet and it will do the rest. When motion is detected the Ultra Protect puts out either a sonic or ultrasonic sound that will scare away the animal. There are 3 sound settings to choose from for best results.

The Ultra Protect detects the animals motion when they come into the areas you don't want them. Once it senses motion it activates an ultrasonic sound that scares them away This sound cannot be heard by most humans.

The effect is both startling and immediate- animals quickly get out of the area and avoid it in the future. The deterrent protects day and night for up to 6 months on 4 "D" batteries or use the included AC Adapter to plug your Ultra Protect in to a power source.

The ultrasonic deterrent is an alternative to smelly, poisonous, or visually disruptive products that are available. It is highly effective on most small animals. The Ultra Protect Animal Repellent repels deer, raccoons, squirrels, skunks, possums, dogs, rabbits, and most other smaller animals. It is widely endorsed and less expensive than physical barriers. If you've tried other solutions that failed, you're ready for this.

Instructions included. Use with 4 "D" Batteries or with the AC Adapter ( Included). Also included is the Mounting Bracket & Mounting Stake.

Features:

* Mounting Stake & Bracket W/ Swivel Arm.
* Ultrasonic & Sonic Inaudible Sound.
* PIR Motion Activated.
* Runs off of 4 "D" Size Batteries (Not Included) or AC Adapter (Included)
* 110 Degree Coverage Area.
* 30ft Detection In Front.
* Multi Function Selector Panel.
* Includes Ground Stake.
* Frequency Selector.

Has anyone tried something like this, using high-pitched sounds that are motion-activated to protect the coop and run? What's been your experience with using it and do you trust it?

Quote:
I'm assuming it's effective only on MAMMALS, not birds, but I'm going to contact the company and ASK. Good point!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
And think of the money I'd save if I employed YOUR method! Thanks for the great visual and the laugh.

Sounds like you are in town so you can't use my method
roll.png
.22 cocktail!!

A racoon desided to try climbing my fenced yard to see if there was another way into the coop.

lets just say he came down in a hurry, my he rest in peace. I tried trapping and moving them sound devises etc ect etc
smack.gif

Now they don't come back!

I'm sorry if this sounds vulgar I'm just so sick of spending money to feed it to predator's.

Blessings,
Jeremy

Great question! It's possible what mammals can hear and what predators can hear differ. Since humans can't hear it, let's hope the manufacturers can produce some good research.

At best it works as quickly as it claims on mammals, without too much adverse effects on chicken behavior.

Perhaps a test run. Walk through the detector range and see what reaction, if any, the sound waves have on your birds. Do they look disturbed? Anxious?

Back
Top Bottom