Using this as a brooder.

What do you mean wash it out? If you mean clean it out, I would put a towel on the bottom, out shaving in that, and wrap the old shavings in that.

I don’t use heat lamps anyway, I would use a heat plate.
The ducks get stuff everywhere. They put stuff in their beak, shake their head and fling bits of food. The walls are going to get gunk on them. Not sure how easy those walls would be to clean. The floor sounds like a good plan.

Also, how waterproof is it? Ducks get water everywhere. Trays and such can reduce the water going everywhere. I don't know if this is going to be in a garage or in your home. But if water can go through it, I wouldnt want that mess on my floor.

Past those two reserves, I think it would work fine.

The ducks get stuff everywhere. They put stuff in their beak, shake their head and fling bits of food. The walls are going to get gunk on them. Not sure how easy those walls would be to clean. The floor sounds like a good plan.

Also, how waterproof is it? Ducks get water everywhere. Trays and such can reduce the water going everywhere. I don't know if this is going to be in a garage or in your home. But if water can go through it, I wouldnt want that mess on my floor.

It was pretty easy to wipe stuff off for me.

@CHlCKEN
I suggest using a cookie pan and wire tray thing like this (not my pic)

chick-housing-system-7.jpg

This will help to keep the mess contained.
I would use two of the bottom trays, that way you could pull the top one out while still having the bottom one there to easily set it back in.

It was pretty easy to wipe stuff off for me.

@CHlCKEN
I suggest using a cookie pan and wire tray thing like this (not my pic)

View attachment 2554091
This will help to keep the mess contained.
I would use two of the bottom trays, that way you could pull the top one out while still having the bottom one there to easily set it back in.
I always do that anyway. It’s a lifesaver.

I’ll be using this as a waterer:
A2465810-4B65-4816-B2D2-A588DBB332BA.jpeg
12239D6F-9D19-4DB6-BF2C-97669E5650D3.jpeg

Mine actually has several attachments including horizontal nipple, vertical nipple, and water tray, but I think I’ll use the cup.

It’s a lifesaver, because I can fill it up much easier than one of the UFO waterers.

I figure the material is going to be easy to wipe stuff off. As you said here...
They put stuff in their beak, shake their head and fling bits of food. The walls are going to get gunk on them.
Is exactly why I want to use it. I don’t want that stuff on my walls, so I chose this, which is an enclosed brooder.

I’ll be using this as a waterer: View attachment 2554401View attachment 2554402
Mine actually has several attachments including horizontal nipple, vertical nipple, and water tray, but I think I’ll use the cup.

It’s a lifesaver, because I can fill it up much easier than one of the UFO waterers.
I've bought one of these before, the main problem with them is you have to screw the cup on through the wires in the cage, so if you ever have to empty the water for any reason you need to unscrew the cup and it dumps 100% of the water onto the ground 100% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom