Using this as a duck coop... conversions?

Duh, of course I need bedding :)

my run is an omelet run and they are very secure, I have one for my chickens.
lol...sorry. I should have clarified. Some people leave areas of the duckhouse with no bedding or just a thin layer of bedding (only putting deep bedding in the nesting areas), and I've heard that being problematic if the floor is linoleum or paint (i.e., slippery). We cover the entire 4'x8' area of our duckhouse with a deep layer of bedding.

With a predator proof run, you should need to lock them into the duckhouse at night. Ducks like to party in the run at night! :)

lol...sorry. I should have clarified. Some people leave areas of the duckhouse with no bedding or just a thin layer of bedding (only putting deep bedding in the nesting areas), and I've heard that being problematic if the floor is linoleum or paint (i.e., slippery). We cover the entire 4'x8' area of our duckhouse with a deep layer of bedding.

With a predator proof run, you should need to lock them into the duckhouse at night. Ducks like to party in the run at night! :)
I figure I’ll attach the run to the coop with an auto door. In which case it would do all the locking up for me 😁

Yay! I'm excited for you. Do you think you'll be able to finish before the ducks get there? Speaking of which, when do they arrive? And what breeds? Also, does anyone have any tips for getting the ducks to use an auto door? I've heard it can be difficult, especially if they have access to a pool that they'd rather be in.

Yay! I'm excited for you. Do you think you'll be able to finish before the ducks get there? Speaking of which, when do they arrive? And what breeds? Also, does anyone have any tips for getting the ducks to use an auto door? I've heard it can be difficult, especially if they have access to a pool that they'd rather be in.
Yes, maybe. They are coming on April 15th but the run doesn’t arrive until the end of this month. Since the run only takes about a day to put together, I’ll have plenty of time to set up the coop and finish the pond. I got a Cayuga, Pekin, Ancona, and Swedish Blue! I’m very excited!

Ill address that once they’ve arrived and are old enough to live in the run. We’ll see what happens.

Yes, maybe. They are coming on April 15th but the run doesn’t arrive until the end of this month. Since the run only takes about a day to put together, I’ll have plenty of time to set up the coop and finish the pond. I got a Cayuga, Pekin, Ancona, and Swedish Blue! I’m very excited!

Ill address that once they’ve arrived and are old enough to live in the run. We’ll see what happens.
Great!! Those are great breeds. Make sure to take lots of pictures of the building process!!

Back
Top Bottom