USPS charged me $14.10

Oh Heck No! In fact, most hatcheries recommend that you let your PO know, up front, that your chicks will be arriving in a day or so, so they know to hold them for you. There should be no extra charge for saving the carrier some work and saving the desk clerk from all the paperwork they'll have to fill out when you have to claim your dead chicks as a loss ... at the PO's expense!

Edit to add: It sounds like someone is trying to sponge a few extra bucks off of you. Talk to the Postal Manager, right away!
That’s exactly what I told them but it was like talking to a wall. My dogs would understand and acknowledge more than they did. So irritating. That’s why I wanted to know if anyone else had this happen to them.

This bothers me greatly too. Do you live in a not rural area so chick delivery is uncommon for them? Unfortunately you should probably talk to the postmaster sooner rather than later. Don’t worry about that affecting your next delivery. USPS is run like the military so they will have enhanced scrutiny for your next order.

Really sorry this happened to you. When I got chicks through the p.o. it made me happy because it is such an amazing tradition!

Ps I love your avatar photo!

This bothers me greatly too. Do you live in a not rural area so chick delivery is uncommon for them? Unfortunately you should probably talk to the postmaster sooner rather than later. Don’t worry about that affecting your next delivery. USPS is run like the military so they will have enhanced scrutiny for your next order.

Really sorry this happened to you. When I got chicks through the p.o. it made me happy because it is such an amazing tradition!

Ps I love your avatar photo!
I don’t live in a rural area however it didn’t happen when I picked up my ducklings. I will go there tomorrow and file a complaint.

That’s my Golden Retriever-Maverick. Thank you

So frustrating. It’s not like we live on top of the mountain. We do live in a very accessible area.
It's a screw up, sweating it tonight ain't going to make it better. Maybe a shot of bourbon or tea, whichever comforts you. The one thing with the Post office, they will get back with you, may take a while, but they will. Forgive me @slordaz, but I paid $450 for shipping via FedEx one time, about $175 of it was above regular freight, for 3-day "guaranteed"....yeh. That next Monday when I got it I learned about the wonderful world of "exceptions", if a mouse farts in Alaska, they have a reason to not meet their garantee in Ohio. Never got my merch in time, and never got my extra $175 back. Yeh.... Breathe. :)

It sounds to me like someone at the PO has a sweet deal going.
I wonder how many times this has happened to other people at that PO ?
If the chicks were already there, then all you did was pick them up before they called you.
and by 9:3o somebody should have already called you..
I would push it until that employee gets terminated.
IMHO .

Back
Top Bottom