USPS charged me $14.10

It's a screw up, sweating it tonight ain't going to make it better. Maybe a shot of bourbon or tea, whichever comforts you. The one thing with the Post office, they will get back with you, may take a while, but they will. Forgive me @slordaz, but I paid $450 for shipping via FedEx one time, about $175 of it was above regular freight, for 3-day "guaranteed"....yeh. That next Monday when I got it I learned about the wonderful world of "exceptions", if a mouse farts in Alaska, they have a reason to not meet their garantee in Ohio. Never got my merch in time, and never got my extra $175 back. Yeh.... Breathe. :)
I’m not going to loose sleep over it. I simply wanted to know if this happened to anyone else so when I go and unleash the crazy chicken lady wrath on them I’m armed with solid arguments. Thank you so much. You guys are awesome

I don’t live in a rural area however it didn’t happen when I picked up my ducklings. I will go there tomorrow and file a complaint.

That’s my Golden Retriever-Maverick. Thank you

Let us all know what happens. I had many problems shipping books to soldiers in Afghanistan. It seemed like each clerk had a different idea of what shipping to APO addresses involves. :rolleyes:

It sounds to me like someone at the PO has a sweet deal going.
I wonder how many times this has happened to other people at that PO ?
If the chicks were already there, then all you did was pick them up before they called you.
and by 9:3o somebody should have already called you..
I would push it until that employee gets terminated.
IMHO .
I think it’s a case of not knowing the rules. I agree that the chicks were there earlier and they failed to call me right away

I don't have time to read all the replies. USPS had a legitimate Package intercept options. Yes, there is a fee for this. However I've never heard of it being applied to live poultry.

I ran into this just last week with some shipped eggs. I wanted them held at the PO for pick-up and seller didn't indicate this when shipped. I would have had to do a package intercept and pay additional fees. I took my chances and just had the carrier deliver.

https://www.usps.com/manage/package-intercept.htm

I don't have time to read all the replies. USPS had a legitimate Package intercept options. Yes, there is a fee for this. However I've never heard of it being applied to live poultry.

I ran into this just last week with some shipped eggs. I wanted them held at the PO for pick-up and seller didn't indicate this when shipped. I would have had to do a package intercept and pay additional fees. I took my chances and just had the carrier deliver.

https://www.usps.com/manage/package-intercept.htm
I see I will look into it to make sure that didn’t happen. Human errors happen. Thank you

It sounds to me like someone at the PO has a sweet deal going.
I wonder how many times this has happened to other people at that PO ?
If the chicks were already there, then all you did was pick them up before they called you.
and by 9:3o somebody should have already called you..
I would push it until that employee gets terminated.
IMHO .
A. They gave her a reciept. B. Not impossible, but unlikely, but were they dumb enough to do that at the Post Office, it's probably 10 different felonies. C. Cancel Culture, whether for a voiced opinion or a mistake is one of the worst devolutions this nation as ever seen, when the crowd starts agreeing that someone should be fired, when the is no idea what happened, we're about two steps for lynching them for giving the evil eye. We don't have any idea if the postal worker's computer told them that is what to do...and they gave her a receipt.

Back
Top Bottom