Utah!

Can you message me your address? I am going to make a list of people and hit them on the way back from Salt lake.just in case I end up finding something I have to have :)
My plan is to go to Tracy Aviary and maybe stay one night and head home the next morning. Not sure what weekend exactly

thanks
Idahobird, I'd love to meet you. I'm in Davis County, and about 5-10 min from I-15, so an easy stop.

We got a green egg! It was last week and I was so excited that our EE finally got her act in gear! Today when I was dusting the coop I found another green egg but it was soft shelled and on the roosting boards not in the nesting boxes like all the others. It happened sometime between Monday night and this morning so I'm thinking may be it was out other EE? My daughter just brought in a green egg yesterday so one EE couldn't have laid two eggs in 24 hours could she? The one today was also a bit darker...but I don't know. I'd love to have 6 layers out there, that would only leave my BSL and exchequer to lay and then they'll all be keeping us in eggs. :)

c71eb80d-69c0-69bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I met up with Cynthia she told me I needed to get pics of my flock up so her you go. :)

Boom Lacka, the speckled Sussex
c71eb80d-6a29-8732.jpg

Brownie, the smooth faced EE who laid the green egg
c71eb80d-6a49-006f.jpg

W the Welsummer and Princess the Buff Orpington getting some grit from the lime tree.
c71eb80d-6a6d-cab0.jpg

Ozzie, the Black Sex Link
c71eb80d-6aa9-bc30.jpg

Rocky the barred Rock
c71eb80d-6ad4-854f.jpg

Checkers, the Exchequer from Cynthia
c71eb80d-6af8-a2ea.jpg

Wink, the other EE with puffy cheeks but she's hard to catch.
c71eb80d-6b1c-5eb5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry none of the pictures are great, chickens move fast! That last one is particularly bad. I need to go rake out the run. What do you use for your runs? This area had grass but it's gone now. :) We've been putting grass clippings in there but there are so many flies, I wonder if there is anything better?

Kimmy cute flock! And congrats on that green egg :) I have an Ozzie too, my black australorp. For now anyway. I am selling her at some point. Your names are all so cute, they totally make sense. Love "rocky" and "checkers" :D

Idahobird, we REALLY needed you on here when I was making trips to Paul to get birds from pawtraitart :) You would have driven right past her place to get down here. Have you met her yet (Michelle)? She has some pretty pretty girls. I believe roloidaho is over there by you....he has the blue copper marans, I may make a trip that way next year if he has some available. We like the people making trips, we always are trying to get some chickens to catch a ride. I have hauled chickens all over and met lots of friends on here it is awesome! hehe I had 18 in my car at once one time.....and chickens love old Van Halen, just sayin'.....hehe
We have teenage craziness going on at my house, so I will watch to see when you head this way. I might be around!

Last edited:
Sorry none of the pictures are great, chickens move fast! That last one is particularly bad. I need to go rake out the run. What do you use for your runs? This area had grass but it's gone now. :) We've been putting grass clippings in there but there are so many flies, I wonder if there is anything better?

I just got on in time to see some great pictures Kimmy. The Exchequer looks great, she is getting more and more red!

Your place looks great back there..yes, the grass goes fast once you get chickens running around on it in the runs. I see a piece of fruit left over in there, you want to keep that picked up..the flies go after that just as fast if not faster then they do for the chicken doo doo.
big_smile.png
Fruit, veggies, leftovers of anything.

I am loving the speckled sussex and the welsummer. Does your sussex talk a lot to you? They are known for that. I have a welsummer pullet, can't wait for the egg from her..I hope she lays one with lots of speckles. :)

Lisa, I know you love the one that is way beared..I sure hope that turns into a girl, oh wait, it's already a girl or boy, it's can't turn.
tongue.png

Shinx! How exciting for that news! I'm so happy for you. Now, we are waiting for the other good news...a pip! Won't be long. :)

I just have the one olive egg in lock down, yes the one and only made it to lock down, due to hatch Fri. It's a pretty egg..I hope it's a girl.

Lisa you're going to sell your Black Australorp?? That was one of the breeds that I really really wanted (and the BSL was sold as "part Australorp" but she's obviously not) because my husband is Australian and it just seemed fitting.

Cyntha my sussex does talk a lot, it's really funny. The Welsummer always lays dark eggs, but not always with speckles. She's hatchery stock though so maybe that makes a difference.

I put the melon/squash/whatever out one night then try and pick it up the next day. Is that too long for the flies? What about weeds and such? We always give them all the weeds from the yard and throw them in there. So would it help if I raked up all the green stuff out there and getting them back down to dirt?

Back
Top Bottom