Utah!

The SBEL's---still needing a bath, hey have "sticky head"...but cute. The muffs are good on all but one. They look a lot like the wheatens do, but the legs and combs are a little lighter pink.

My lone Marans, black, not blue dang it...this one is what Cynthia calls a "tiny tot"! it is really small, it had a harder time getting going. I am pretty sure we are out of the woods, but this one has needed to be given water with vitamins from a dropper, and really needed lots of TLC. ( I love her).. it will be hard to part with this little sweetie!

Oh, and the bator #1...

On the far right, Marans and Wheatens, on the middle and left, Sexlinks, Wheaten Am, and barnyard mixes....a couple Marans X Splash BLRW. Fun!
Bator #2 ( i have to fit 30 eggs in here still! )

So much fun at my house. And noisy. Lots and LOTS of cheeping, lol

Last edited:
It's been one heck of a busy day at my house! chicks hatching, and this evening our Nigerian Dwarf doe had her first kids! 2 boys, dang it....but they are SO cute! Will post pictures tomorrow. I'm exhausted and will be taking turns with my daughter throughout the night to make sure everyone's taken care of. Twix birthed the first kid perfectly, and the baby was healthy and strong. Multiple shades of reddish brown almost like a roan, with a bit of white.
The 2nd baby presented butt first...I was afraid something like that might happen, but at least it was the 2nd and not the first kid. So I had to help out...the umbilical cord was wrapped tight around his waist, no blood flowing. The baby was stillborn but we worked on him and it didn't take long before he was breathing on his own. It took him about 2 1/2 hours to stand and he's still wobbly, but he's a fighter. (the first boy was standing in the first 15 minutes!) Oh, 2nd kid is also mulitple shades of brown, but no roaning, and definite white spots.
We're so excited, happy, tired, etc.
love.gif

Red, thank you for the pictures of Flekka! I'll keep hoping then. :)

Sasha, congrats on the safe delivery! I'm glad you guys could help the second kid. They sound so cute. Yaaaay!

Cynthia, yep, that's your Tiny Tot. She is such a sweetheart, to boot. Very pretty girl. I've already had a couple of people express interest in getting fertile eggs from her.

That's her a couple of weeks ago. Her buddy Chelsea is right behind her. Chelsea's the Exchequer Leghorn I got from you last year
smile.png
I have so many Cynthia babies......so much fun.

Lisa, why must you tempt me with all of those babies? It is a good thing we don't live closer to each other, or we'd be getting in soooo much trouble!
duc.gif

So Sphinx, I didn't know you had Icelandics
gig.gif
Hehe sorry, bit of a joke from the Icelandic thread. Icelandics are notorious escape artists. Someone on the thread had two of their hens dig under two coop walls and then waltz out of the coop through the "human" door.

Sasha, congrats on the safe delivery! I'm glad you guys could help the second kid. They sound so cute. Yaaaay!

Cynthia, yep, that's your Tiny Tot. She is such a sweetheart, to boot. Very pretty girl. I've already had a couple of people express interest in getting fertile eggs from her.

That's her a couple of weeks ago. Her buddy Chelsea is right behind her. Chelsea's the Exchequer Leghorn I got from you last year
smile.png
I have so many Cynthia babies......so much fun.

Lisa, why must you tempt me with all of those babies? It is a good thing we don't live closer to each other, or we'd be getting in soooo much trouble!
duc.gif

So Sphinx, I didn't know you had Icelandics
gig.gif
Hehe sorry, bit of a joke from the Icelandic thread. Icelandics are notorious escape artists. Someone on the thread had two of their hens dig under two coop walls and then waltz out of the coop through the "human" door.

Aww, Tiny Tot became beautiful! She has a cap! That Exchequer looks pretty. Most have the more solid black area, but yours looks more splash..love it. Are her eggs small? I have two in lock down this morning from a friend that has one, and the eggs are pretty small, but she says she lays like crazy.

Sasha..congrats! Can't wait for pictures. That had to be pretty scary seeing your little one like that at first. Glad you know what you're doing!

Gary, remind me..which mama is going to have babies? Go mom! Those pictures back there of Cotton are great. She looks really good. Such a pretty girl, and good body type. Sooo sweet too. And oh, that story is too cute. Chickens are funny sometimes..well, more than sometimes. I swear, I get a chuckle every day that I go out there to them.

pics from last night. My daughter just went out to take pictures with the good camera, so will post those later. :)
Babies are doing great this morning! (We decided to let momma Twix raise the babies instead of bottle feed.)

good luck Momo!
fl.gif
Sasha those kids are super cute! I had a 4 week serama (I think that's what he is) start crowing this morning and can't keep him
barnie.gif
Thanks sundance for the gorgeous hen
lol.png

Wait, did I miss something? Who's Momo? What are we wishing good luck for?

Cynthia, yes, her eggs can be kind of small, but she just started laying again and lays well. She is loud and super chatty, too. We've had to retrieve her from neighboring yards behind us before, and she pretty much chats to you the whole way home
lol.png
I guess I didn't realize that the Exchequers tend to have more black? I am so used to seeing her and assumed they all look like that.

Is it possible for turkeys to be in heat? Because my brown turkey has sure been vocal the last few weeks. I wish I had a boyfriend for her. That white tom just doesn't do the manly duties at all.

Back
Top Bottom