Utah!

8 of the 11 Cochin eggs have officially hatched! I think that's what the final total will be. They're all so cute! Will post pictures later, after everyone has fluffed. I am baffled about the "mottled" Cochin...it's a pure yellow chick. Hmm. More later, but now...we're on baby goat watch! I think Twix is close!

Final hatch total for this time is 6 Cream Legbars. Pulled them out of the incubator today and, when I got them into decent light, I realized 5 of them are boys. I swear, I have serious rooster problems this year. Anyone want some cream Legbar rooster babies for free?

Final hatch total for this time is 6 Cream Legbars. Pulled them out of the incubator today and, when I got them into decent light, I realized 5 of them are boys. I swear, I have serious rooster problems this year. Anyone want some cream Legbar rooster babies for free?

Wow, there's a lot of hatching going on in Utah! A big variety of breeds, too. The legbars are tempting....but I don't want to build another pen this year. LOL

My oldest babies graduated to the outside grow pen today! They had so much fun running around in the sunshine.

Pawtrait, those cuckoo-colored chicks are drool worthy! Very lovely. It's so fun when it's time to move them outside for good.

8 of the 11 Cochin eggs have officially hatched! I think that's what the final total will be. They're all so cute! Will post pictures later, after everyone has fluffed. I am baffled about the "mottled" Cochin...it's a pure yellow chick. Hmm. More later, but now...we're on baby goat watch! I think Twix is close!

Sasha, that Cochin may indeed be mottled when it gets older, if it's anything like my Icelandic, Flekka. She was pure yellow as a chick.

This is her as a baby. I think she's a little over a week old.

Here she is somewhat older.

Pawtrait, those cuckoo-colored chicks are drool worthy! Very lovely. It's so fun when it's time to move them outside for good.

Sasha, that Cochin may indeed be mottled when it gets older, if it's anything like my Icelandic, Flekka. She was pure yellow as a chick.

This is her as a baby. I think she's a little over a week old.

Here she is somewhat older.

Is that Tiny Tot? Pretty bird!

Nice, nice babies!

Corvidae, I'm so sorry 5 of the babies were boys. Boo! I don't want one of those, but I do want a grownup legbar rooster. I want a traditionally colored rooster I think- they're much prettier than plain white.

Lisa, I'm sorry but I am totally LOL at your chicken math problem.

Acemario, those babies sound like they're developing just fine. Veins=Good.

UtahChickenDad, if it were me, I'd make sure there were places for the 10 week olds to hide, but they're pretty quick at that age, and where there's two of them, I bet they'll be fine.

My two new chickens are escape artists! I have a small hole above the door, about 7' off the ground. They have escaped at least 3-4x a day since we got them. Today after catching them out of the run twice, I finally bit the bullet and separated my flock into the two pens. I've been meaning to anyway so I could get pure FBCM eggs and legbar eggs. Coop #2 is inescapable unless they can fit through chainlink, so the escape artists went in there.

The separation was majorly traumatic for the birds. They do NOT like being apart. They don't remember they were that way last summer.

Sundance..good seeing you today. Thank you for the little Serama. She is fitting in nicely with my last hatch. About the same size. My miracle baby and her are about the same size. They are out in the nursery hutch. I do have a lamp on them. I guess we are in for some cooler nights. :/

I hope your kitty is ok? And, it was so good to see your dog run along. How cute was that? Every other little step as he ran he would tap his foot to the ground. Progress. :)

Nice, nice babies!

Corvidae, I'm so sorry 5 of the babies were boys. Boo! I don't want one of those, but I do want a grownup legbar rooster. I want a traditionally colored rooster I think- they're much prettier than plain white.

Lisa, I'm sorry but I am totally LOL at your chicken math problem.

Acemario, those babies sound like they're developing just fine. Veins=Good.

UtahChickenDad, if it were me, I'd make sure there were places for the 10 week olds to hide, but they're pretty quick at that age, and where there's two of them, I bet they'll be fine.

My two new chickens are escape artists! I have a small hole above the door, about 7' off the ground. They have escaped at least 3-4x a day since we got them. Today after catching them out of the run twice, I finally bit the bullet and separated my flock into the two pens. I've been meaning to anyway so I could get pure FBCM eggs and legbar eggs. Coop #2 is inescapable unless they can fit through chainlink, so the escape artists went in there.

The separation was majorly traumatic for the birds. They do NOT like being apart. They don't remember they were that way last summer.

I just hear them now! They really don't like it do they? I separated a couple that were joined at the hip since winter. Pullets. They called back and forth all day. Did better by the next though. Maybe yours will.

Just candled my broodies last two eggs for the last time. Two big black shapes that wiggle and and move.Hatch date is Monday so its all up to fate ( whoops i mean Momo) . Woot Woot wish her luck.
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom