Utah!

Quote:
there are places in the surrounding suburbs that have more space. i know folks on here have them in the sandy/draper area.

i'm headed down to the lehi area here in a half hour if anyone that way is interested.

Last edited:
@herbmom: You can read how to post photos on BYC and do other functions at https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1198

@Watermelon_Gypsyz
: I only have ONE chicken right now--Can you believe it???!? A chicken fan with just one chicken?? It's a breeder Ameraucana-type roo I hope to find a couple Wheaten or Blue Wheaten hens to breed to. If I can't get any of those soon, I will be looking to get a couple large-size hens of some show-able breed to at least give him some friends.
Your banty cochin must be sooooooooo cute! Those are adorable & mottled patterning looks especially neat on those.
love.gif

@SpeckledHills - She is WAY cute!! Only I think 'she' is turning into a HE lol I've noticed that the feathering is taking forever to come in, where as with my other banties they feathered just like my other birds did. S/he is also growing a rather large comb - I swear it's almost more prominent than my 6wk old standards (s/he is 3wks old). I'm so in love with this little bird too, I don't want to give him/her away - I wonder if his crowing will be annoying to my neighbors b/c I'm srsly considering keeping him & if someone complains then I'll find him a home
hit.gif

I took pics tonight to share with others to get an opinion. Will share here tomorow as well. See what you guys think.

Maybe you could ask your neighbors if they would mind? I was asking one neighbor if she would be okay with us having chickens and she was fine even said a rooster would be okay but the other neighbor asked if chickens were quiet and we are surrounded on all sides so I don't think others would like the crowing.

Quote:
where do you live? how much space between you and your neighbors?

we have a neighbor that lives a couple streets over that had a rooster for almost 2 months last summer. it was very noticeable and not something i would consider doing in the city.

Last edited:
As of this morning I am officially legal. Just paid for my chicken permit to Spanish Fork city.
Still not sure why I couldn't pay the clerk. You're required to meet with the animal control officer, fill out a form and pay him directly. He was bright and asked me where my chickens go at night
smile.png

I'm not in an area where they are allowed & I have a lot of neighbors, so if muffin is indeed a roo he'll go to my moms with some of our hens. She has lots of neighbors too but is zoned for farm animals and can have a rooster - her neighbors had roo's for awhile as well so the ppl in the area are used to it for the most part. Soo I'm happy either way!
smile.png
I know of several ppl who legally have roosters here in the city *shrugs*

ETA: here's my thread asking if they think Muffin is a rooster
smile.png

Is Muffin a rooster?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom