Utah!

My "Little Bird" had the very same "EYE" thing. But she was a 4 week old chick when it happened.
It remained that way for 2 weeks. She started sneezing soon after the eye thing and at like 9 weeks she is not over it.

I cannot believe she is still alive.
She is not allowed to live with the flock because she will always carry the Respiratory Disease.
But she is my favorite chicken ever! We sit and read for hours.

Awwww! Good luck, hope she gets over it eventually.

Erykah, what a sweetheart! My BR cross used to sit on my shoulder or back and groom my hair while I was outside.

So sad about the sick chickens though
sad.png

Here's the biscuit recipe for anyone who wants it.
It calls for vegetable shortening, but I've been using butter and it works fine.

2 C. flour
2 Tbls. white sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 C. vegetable shortening
1 egg
2/3 C. milk

Sift together flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, and tartar in a bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture looks like large, coarse crumbs. In separate bowl, mix together milk and egg. Slowly stir milk mixture into flour until moist; do not over stir or biscuits will be tough. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet OR roll out on floured surface and cut biscuits using top end of glass.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake biscuits 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown on top.

I went to logan today with my friend to watch her daughters soccer game. Very sudden so didn't have time to offer the chicken train. I enjoyed getting out but was disappointed that the leaves had all dropped.

Hey folks, Need a little info plz. Can I ship 6 day old chicks out of Utah without being NPIP? If so what shipper do you use? I called UPS and they said to call an airlines?

Thx in advance

Hey folks, Need a little info plz. Can I ship 6 day old chicks out of Utah without being NPIP? If so what shipper do you use? I called UPS and they said to call an airlines?

Thx in advance
Day old chicks can go USPS Priority mail in an approved live shipping box. Birds older than 72 hours have to go USPS Express in a box that has the filters over the holes and zip tied shut. NPIP is required for most states. I've never received a box of birds with the NPIP paperwork/number, though. ???

Last edited:
Remembering our discussion about grit awhile back. I picked up a 50 lbs bag for grit at IFA for 14.99. I just put some out and am pleased with how it looks.

Back
Top Bottom