Utah!

Well, originally I was hiding from him so he wouldn't know I was trying to buy him Turkens for B-day/Father's Day...but he found out I went to IFA today and put two and two together, so I guess it doesn't matter now :) He hasn't been on super long and so far we've inherited our 4 (now down to 2) Reds/Greys from my great G-Pa in Ivins, 2 brown silkies from a guy in Tremonton who has all show quality birds and thought they were ugly/not breeding quality, our 9 Frizzled Ameraucana/Cream Legbar/Turken chicks from Sundancenbare, and 5 Buff Orpington/Rhode Island Red/Ameraucana chicks from a local gentleman. Hubby says he doesn't want/need more, but was about to hatch more Grey/Red chicks...so I don't believe him....and I know he wants NNs :)

Well, originally I was hiding from him so he wouldn't know I was trying to buy him Turkens for B-day/Father's Day...but he found out I went to IFA today and put two and two together, so I guess it doesn't matter now :) He hasn't been on super long and so far we've inherited our 4 (now down to 2) Reds/Greys from my great G-Pa in Ivins, 2 brown silkies from a guy in Tremonton who has all show quality birds and thought they were ugly/not breeding quality, our 9 Frizzled Ameraucana/Cream Legbar/Turken chicks from Sundancenbare, and 5 Buff Orpington/Rhode Island Red/Ameraucana chicks from a local gentleman. Hubby says he doesn't want/need more, but was about to hatch more Grey/Red chicks...so I don't believe him....and I know he wants NNs :)

That is so cute you are trying to get him a NN. I hope you can track one down!

Oh my goodness, I keep trying to put my little Silkie rooster in with the Showgirls, and they are chasing him around trying to murder him I swear. Who knew such sweet beautiful girls could be so ornery. I hope I can get him integrated into the little flock, I am getting excited for Showgirl and Silkie babies. He is all by himself, so I think that is the problem. I guess we are going to have to do "playdates" for a few hours a day until they get used to each other! Stinkers.

Cynthia, hope your turkens hatch wonderfully. The babies are so adorable. It is amazing you have pips from those beaten up eggs~!
I have two NN Turken Hens for sale if anybody is interested. They are both Black Tailed Buffs. One is 14 months old, the other is 9 months old.
Lisa....the trick to adding a roo to a hen flock is to put the hens in HIS territory, not the other way around. Hens are brutal and will make him earn every bit of respect the difficult way before they let him NEAR them if he's plopped into THEIR house. If you add the hens to his house, they will be disoriented which will allow him to declare himself the boss from the start.
smile.png

Lisa....the trick to adding a roo to a hen flock is to put the hens in HIS territory, not the other way around. Hens are brutal and will make him earn every bit of respect the difficult way before they let him NEAR them if he's plopped into THEIR house. If you add the hens to his house, they will be disoriented which will allow him to declare himself the boss from the start. :)

Good advice my dear! So glad you posted. This makes sense. I will do it tomorrow for sure, he is in a huge kennel in the garage I could easily add them for a day or two and then I can watch close too.

do ypu want me to go to IFA tom and wee what they have. If they have NN I can buy you a couple

Oh ya I remember seeing him on here. It has been awhile....So good that you joined the madness too!

Sundance, did your serama eggs from Logan hatch? I just realized you set yours about the time I set these....

no she had them packaged wrong and none of the eggs were viable. She is suppose to get me some more, I just need to figure out how to get them

Back
Top Bottom