Utah!

Does anyone on here know if OE are extremely slow in feathering? Just about all of the ones I kept to watch grow out barely are now getting tail feathers. I just want to cry. With my luck the 6 I kept are all Roosters, I was hoping for 2 nice pullets out of the bunch. They are now all 4 weeks old. And they are just starting to get their feathers in. I do have one that feathered extremely fast, the rest not so much, and they are outside during the day, so its not like they are in the house too hot with the light.

On a great note, my husbands really good friend is starting to build his chicken coop, and he is going to take my RIR, and my EEs that are over a year old now, and he is also going to take my Leghorn chicks if they are girls that I hatched out, and he was going to take any left over OE girls if I even have an OE girl. So now I know where my girls all well be, and he babies his dogs, so I'm sure he will be a great chicken owner.

RedIII I think that mystery one is a GLW, its turning black with the gold lacing, and then the Cochin I think is a roo. Just this week it dropped wattles, and they are flaming red. NOOOOOO
he.gif
.... I was so excited to have a Cochin. Maybe that is normal for them. "Cough, Cough"

I should run outside and get photos of them, they look so different since I got them from you.

Side note, I feel so bad for everyone losing their White Silkies. I just love my white fluffy outside.

And does anyone want a Black Japanese Bantam? If not, on KSL she will go. Not sure what to ask for her either
hu.gif
I'm still having issues with her hopping the fence. She stopped for about a week after her time out period, but she is back at it again. So shes back in time out. But I'm starting to think a home change is in order for her. I just don't want to have her eaten by the dog.

Also I have that Serama/Silkie Mixm white with some black in the mix. I'm thinking its a Pullet, not really sure, but they hatched out in Feb. so they are at least 12 weeks old. But not really planning on keeping it. Super cute and tiny. Any takers?

How far along?   If they have started to develop, and you've seen movement before this happened..don't lose hope.  Keep them in there and candle in a couple of days.   Good luck..cute little girl..just a little helper.  

yes they have a chance.  I had a bator unplugged on accident for 24 hours and some of those eggs hatched to my amazement

Yay!!! I'm so excited to hear that hope isn't lost! They're only on day 6. I was just peeking at them and noticed that they're all out of order too. Little sis "tucked them in" as well. Love her! I'll give them a few days and see what happens. Thank you for the hope!

So, I just noticed that my black silkie has a slight scissor beak ...
sad.png
I think it just started to show fairly recently, because I hadn't noticed it before. The bottom is not aligned to the top (only slightly). I hope it won't get much worse!

ah bummer... oh well
hmm.png

So, I just noticed that my black silkie has a slight scissor beak ...
sad.png
I think it just started to show fairly recently, because I hadn't noticed it before. The bottom is not aligned to the top (only slightly). I hope it won't get much worse!

ah bummer... oh well
hmm.png
Awww that sucks, hopefully it'll be just fine anyway.

Back
Top Bottom