Utah!

Good to know if we head that direction I will check with you if i still have them. (and if you still need any after getting some from Diana). These hatched from her eggs too.

Brian--were you still wanting SG at all? ....I set my first batch of SHOWGIRL eggs today! Woot! I am not sure how many are fertile, but the roo from Sundance is definitely frisky and doing his job, many times daily. So I am setting the last weeks worth of eggs, I think there is 10 or so, plus I am letting my broody silkie sit on the next few days worth. The egg that I cracked open today was fertile for sure, so I am just not sure if the ones i first started collecting are, or when they started to be fertile. I am not setting the silkie hens eggs only the showgirl hens eggs so there is a 50/50 I guess on showgirl babies. Crossing fingers, toes and eyes that I get some. I also set some eggs that would be F2 olive egger chicks, from the Blue marans roo and an olive egger hen I know he has been hooking up with. The OE hen is a beautiful columbian colored EE I got from Cynthia two summers ago, so I can't wait to see what the coloring is. ;) I really don't intend to keep any so I will post if I get any of these to hatch.

Sundance, that boy is crowing, and he has the tiniest quiet crow, I am not even putting the collar on him. I can only tell that he is crowing if I am standing right in the yard. He has been a great boy, very good manners :D
thank you very much I appreciate it. And yes yes yes on a few showgirls. It will feel like Christmas once I get some haha.

I am so super duper depressed right now.... this little OEGB is my kids' favorite of all the chicks... and then it started doing this....

0.jpg
Oh no! I'm so sorry! I totally feel your pain! Our sweet little frizzle decided to crow about a week or two ago as well. Bummer! I hope you can find him a great home!

Last edited:
Some of the hens in my eating egg flock have lost the feathers on their back from over breeding. I have removed the roosters now, will thier feathers grow back or do I have to wait until they molt?

Hi everyone! I am new here. Hoping not to interrupt! I live in Salt Lake County and am really interested in getting some chickens. I've been obsessively researching breeds and coops and all that stuff. For some reason I NEED to have a Lavender Orpington. Do any of you have any experience working with Chase Hatchery in Taylorsville? http://www.chasehatchery.com/

I know that Sunnybrooke Farm in Logan and Desert Spring Farm in Duchesne have good reputations, but that is so far to go. Chase said they will have the breeds I'm looking for in a week or two so I'm wondering if its worth a shot. Thanks!

Also, I can only keep about four hens. In addition to the Lavender Orpington I also really want an Easter Egger. Then for the last two I was thinking any two of the following Australorp, Barred Plymouth, New Hampshire Red. Any input would be appreciated. To account for sexing error and/or sick chicks would it be wise to start off with 6 or 7 chicks? Chase says they will take back any unwanted chickens. TIA!

I am hatching Easter Eggers right now. And, I have one outside that is almost two months old. I am in Spanish Fork. :)

I am so super duper depressed right now.... this little OEGB is my kids' favorite of all the chicks... and then it started doing this....

0.jpg
Sorry honey..but...
lau.gif
Was that supposed to be a crow? Oh, give it time, give it time. If that is all it ever does..I say keep it!

Back
Top Bottom