Utah!

So, first off, we found out what we are having, and it's a girl :) (we currently have 3 boys, so having a girl is great for us haha).

Secondly, I have a broody silkie. I was wondering if anyone in Utah county, wanted to donate, or trade some fertile eggs for non fertile ones? if we could meet up around orem to about spanish fork (may even be willing to go a little bit further each way). I've never put eggs under a hen before.... do I need to separate her at all? Or do i just need to mark the eggs so that they don't get mixed up with the ones she's hatching vs the chickens that want to lay in the same box (I have 3 boxes! they only use like 1 or 2 of them!). Also, I doubt I'll be able to keep the chicks, (since I can only have 6 chickens here)... so I may end up having to find them a home, or rehome some of my yr old hens... we will see how attached I am to all of them ;) lol

Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

Leslie

oh, here's my favorite ultrasound pic that we got when we found out

That is adorable. Good thing I'm not doing the sexing because that looks like a boy to me

Congratulations, bitsy! That is a beautiful little foot!
smile.png

Okay, my first batch ever in the new incubator is officially set! 19 Icelandic eggs. Here's hoping!

wow whit good job on the icelandics

so I'm doing the Easter HAL

ok I got my incubator back from my sons and set a bunch of Serama eggs today and a couple of Moderns 

wow whit  good job on the icelandics

Thanks! And it's great to have you in the HAL :) :)

Okay, time for a game. If you could have two breeding trios of any breed of chicken, just for fun, what would you have? Right now, I would probably go for Russian Orloffs and Gold Cuckoo Marans.

Thanks! And it's great to have you in the HAL :) :)

Okay, time for a game. If you could have two breeding trios of any breed of chicken, just for fun, what would you have? Right now, I would probably go for Russian Orloffs and Gold Cuckoo Marans.

Pure Ameraucanas and Blue Copper Marans. Then I could have unlimited blue choc and olive eggs! I would love to have my own blue eggers!
If I were going with something other than the Marans I would consider Tolbunt or Buff Laced Polish.

Pure Ameraucanas and Blue Copper Marans. Then I could have unlimited blue choc and olive eggs! I would love to have my own blue eggers!
If I were going with something other than the Marans I would consider Tolbunt or Buff Laced Polish.
We may as well be the same person. Ha ha ha I love those choices!

I will be bringing some Gold cuckoo Marans chicks home in April, Their parents are beautiful and hatched out of pretty chocolate colored eggs. For you breeders these will not bre related to any one in Utah. They come from a show home here in Arizona
Oh, I could certainly use some new blood if you're passing through this way. I'm test mating all of my current GCM stock this season and some might not make the cut.

When you coming home Diana? I'm leaving on April 6th. But she might just have to try to get some out there or I'm hoping to get some when I get home. La Casa.... Just hint hint, I'm either going to need to buy a few or get some hatching eggs. :D

I just got 12 BLRW at her request, and picking up some really blue colored Ameraucana's around 5pm, at her request, and then got a few extras from the same guy that I got the BLRW, he wanted to know how fertile his Houdan's and Hamburgs were. So he gave me 7 of those, he marked them so I could call and tell him when I candle. So I might have some of those. And I'm going to go raid Gary in hopes for some Sizzles tonight. Ekkk... I might get a Sizzle... so excited for that.

Now the stupid incubator was at 100.2 this morning, and now its at 99.7. **** thing needs to regulate so I can put the eggs in tomorrow. I know they need to be set on Saturday for the hatch along, but I want to make sure they are all done hatching by Sunday since I'm leaving on Monday the 6th. Last hatch I did in there, they started at day 20-22. So I'm setting them tomorrow. Hopefully... Dang incubator.

Back
Top Bottom