Utah!

i'm in Arizona but I suspect the chicken train can bring you the chicks well be home mid april they will be about 5 weeks old. Really pretty parents. Lady doesn't usually sell eggs but he baters were full and she hated to not hatch them. Eggs were a really nice dark color and parents were beautiful

So when you get home hit me up, I'm interested in getting some new Marans for the new year. :D

Congratulations Ace and Mrs. Ace! :) I'm so happy for you! I really want a boy AND a girl. Kids must have siblings, you know.

So I think I'm just an idiot when it comes to hatching. When I put the eggs in the incubator this morning and came back after a few hours, the temp was at 102.7. So I dialed it down and went to work. Got home and the temp' sat 92.7. Really? For crying out loud.

Last edited:
Hey Silly! When were you wanting hatching eggs? I am not going to be down in that area for awhile, lots of home projects going on. My Marans have been hatching terribly, they just have not been fertile, I have had a saga going with getting a new roo and changing things up so hopefully in a few weeks. I have some ordered and not able to fill the orders as of yet lol . My Wheaten's eggs are fertile, so I will have some of those for sale over the next few hatches, just a few, but the chicks would not be a standard color as they are a mix of Wheaten and Blue Copper. So far the chicks that I got are blue or back with reddish on the head. Only two hatched so far, I am keeping the first 6 or so and a friend of mine wants a couple, then I will post on here :D I have been getting fertile SBEL eggs ( the chicks are olive eggers) and my frizzled EE is always fertile (OE chicks again)

MY SG/Silkie eggs have all been very fertile too so at least I have those I don't wonder about. I will get the Marans thing going, sooner or later. I have my older roo in with the 2 Cuckoo Marans hens for sexlinked marans babies. Wont start to set them for a few weeks so that I know he is doing his job though :D

I have a sexlinked Male chick from my Golden Cuckoo Marans hen--if anybody wants him. He is going to be soooo pretty!

Awww Lisa, he's beautiful! I hope he finds a good home soon.

Thanks, me too! Everybody that is coming to buy chicks wants him until I tell them he is a he....he really stands out in my monochrome chick hatches. He has bright red chest down and then dark blue and deep red on his back, with that bright white spot on top, it will obviously be barred but I wonder if he will feather out with more red barring than his gold cuckoo mom, he is really red all over and my GCM hens were a lot more blue/gold when they were little. Sweet little guy, wish they did not have to be so noisy and we could have limitless boys :D It makes me sad to think he might be dinner in a few months.

Hey Silly! When were you wanting hatching eggs? I am not going to be down in that area for awhile, lots of home projects going on. My Marans have been hatching terribly, they just have not been fertile, I have had a saga going with getting a new roo and changing things up so hopefully in a few weeks. I have some ordered and not able to fill the orders as of yet lol . My Wheaten's eggs are fertile, so I will have some of those for sale over the next few hatches, just a few, but the chicks would not be a standard color as they are a mix of Wheaten and Blue Copper. So far the chicks that I got are blue or back with reddish on the head. Only two hatched so far, I am keeping the first 6 or so and a friend of mine wants a couple, then I will post on here
big_smile.png
I have been getting fertile SBEL eggs ( the chicks are olive eggers) and my frizzled EE is always fertile (OE chicks again)

MY SG/Silkie eggs have all been very fertile too so at least I have those I don't wonder about. I will get the Marans thing going, sooner or later. I have my older roo in with the 2 Cuckoo Marans hens for sexlinked marans babies. Wont start to set them for a few weeks so that I know he is doing his job though
big_smile.png

Well I wasn't really planning on hatching anything right now, but my sister called begging. So go figure I'm going to fill the whole **** incubator up and then take them all on a road trip to NM and back for the ones she doesn't keep. I was actually going to wait till I get a Silkie that wants to be a mom, and figured that I would give her 4-5 and then throw the rest in the incubator. I was hoping to buy a dozen. I only have one FBCM left, and she is 2 this year, so I want to try to get 2 pullets this year so next spring I still have my chocolate eggs. And I really want a NN, I love Ollie that I got from you, but I think you ordered her from a hatchery. But she is 2 this year too, so I want to get another one of those this year. So probably like in the end of April or May when I have a broody Silkie. I could even wait till like July too if that helps, I'm in no hurry... I just know I need at least 6 to watch because I for sure want 2 pullets. :D

So, first off, we found out what we are having, and it's a girl :) (we currently have 3 boys, so having a girl is great for us haha). Secondly, I have a broody silkie. I was wondering if anyone in Utah county, wanted to donate, or trade some fertile eggs for non fertile ones? if we could meet up around orem to about spanish fork (may even be willing to go a little bit further each way). I've never put eggs under a hen before.... do I need to separate her at all? Or do i just need to mark the eggs so that they don't get mixed up with the ones she's hatching vs the chickens that want to lay in the same box (I have 3 boxes! they only use like 1 or 2 of them!). Also, I doubt I'll be able to keep the chicks, (since I can only have 6 chickens here)... so I may end up having to find them a home, or rehome some of my yr old hens... we will see how attached I am to all of them ;) lol Any advice would be great. Thanks! Leslie oh, here's my favorite ultrasound pic that we got when we found out
Congratulations!!! I love those toes! Baby toes are the best! :love I decided to set a couple of eggs under my broody BO for the first time too. I just barely set them on Tuesday. I decided to separate her so that she could be more comfortable. My coop has fairly big nesting boxes with dividers. I just pulled out the dividers between three of them to make the space larger, then closed the opening with hardware cloth. That way everyone can still see each other while she's hanging out with her eggs. Tomorrow the plan is to turn one end of the box into a latching door with a ramp so she can still get out and stretch her legs when she wants. I hope you can find some eggs! I think it would be so fun to have another first timer to compare notes with :)

Well I wasn't really planning on hatching anything right now, but my sister called begging.  So go figure I'm going to fill the whole **** incubator up and then take them all on a road trip to NM and back for the ones she doesn't keep.  I was actually going to wait till I get a Silkie that wants to be a mom, and figured that I would give her 4-5 and then throw the rest in the incubator.  I was hoping to buy a dozen.  I only have one FBCM left, and she is 2 this year, so I want to try to get 2 pullets this year so next spring I still have my chocolate eggs.  And I really want a NN, I love Ollie that I got from you, but I think you ordered her from a hatchery.  But she is 2 this year too, so I want to get another one of those this year.  So probably like in the end of April or May when I have a broody Silkie.  I could even wait till like July too if that helps, I'm in no hurry...  I just know I need at least 6 to watch because I for sure want 2 pullets.  :D

Ollie was one I hatched I think--black skin right? I think she was from my SG Paint Rooster Vinnie and she was all black or blue? Those first ones were so crazy looking but so fun. We will hook you up, just please keep reminding me, I forgot who is looking for what. I write it down, then forget where....lol, the fun of getting older!

That is cool you still have Ollie ! :love

Ollie was one I hatched I think--black skin right? I think she was from my SG Paint Rooster Vinnie and she was all black or blue? Those first ones were so crazy looking but so fun. We will hook you up, just please keep reminding me, I forgot who is looking for what. I write it down, then forget where....lol, the fun of getting older!

That is cool you still have Ollie !
love.gif

Nope, I don't have my Hokey Pokey anymore. She just died randomly. Remember.... OMG if your still doing those crazy girls, I would love to replace her. No Ollie is a Black with some copper Turken. She came down here with the EEs that went to my Sisters house, well they are her friends now.

Back
Top Bottom