Utah!

Our humble abode. There's dad mowing the lawn for the first time. If you look close at the front door, you will see our two little dogs watching me.
Despite the cold and icicles we got last week, my tulips popped up, and so did the flowering bush, which for the life of me I can't remember the name of. We are in a neighborhood, that is why you keep hearing, wish I had more land! :) We are actually pretty happy here, all settled in for the final yrs.

The "flowering bush" of which you speak is a Flowering Almond. Its an ornamental and does not really grow almonds. They are lovely. One of my spring favourites . Its so nice to see the spring flowers coming out. If this rain lets up I am separating my perennials. I have a ton of prize winning Iris, tall & short Siberian Iris, some golden rod I tam pullin out vinca, columbine & snow in summer by the handfulls. If you want some, let me know.

All those babies!!! So cute! <3

I wanted to share a pic of my cute lil Russian Orloff...

And my mystery bird who I suspect is a Cream Legbar/BCM. She's so cute and unique...

Granted, Im getting older and my eyes dont work quite as well as they used to. but when I saw the middle pic the first time I did a double take. It looks like you put a top hat and cape on the lil sweetie. LOL !

Too cute.

Yay! My first hatch is set! I have 5 cream Legbars, 3 silkie/sgs from Lisa and a speckled OE from another friend here in Logan. Can't wait! :D Does this look ok? The auto turned doesn't seem to work well like this so I'll have to keep an eye on it.

if you get any cream legbar girls you want to sell please let us know as i would be interested :)

cynthia you are in my thoughts :hugs

Wow, no time to catch up, but I'm like freaking out... So I went outside to put the Momma Silkie on Lock Down in the Mini Coop. She has been sitting on Serama Eggs for 16 days, today is day 16. I'm going to Girl Scout Camp today-Sunday, and I wanted to make sure she was in there with food, water, and locked her in there in case anyone decided to come out at day 18. Well she has 1 chick already. OMG, I don't want to leave her now. And OMG its so so tiny. I've hatched Silkies but this little thing is way tinier. I would have never known if she didn't get up all excited that I put food and water in there. I still made her get out of the coop to go to the main food and water. Then she just like plowed over the baby and the eggs going back to her baby so fast when she was noticed I was looking. I didn't see anymore pips but I didn't dare move them. OMG I hope they will be okay in there, She is not the brightest of moms. Last year she hatched 2 clutches, and let the other Silkie take them, and she wasn't even Broody, she just took over. So she is not very mommy like. I just worry that they are so small they will get out of the nest box, even though its the floor one, but there is a little edge to separate, and they won't get back in to mom, and they are so tiny. And its so cold and raining. OMG I'm going to be worried all weekend. Grrrr....

Wow, no time to catch up, but I'm like freaking out... So I went outside to put the Momma Silkie on Lock Down in the Mini Coop. She has been sitting on Serama Eggs for 16 days, today is day 16. I'm going to Girl Scout Camp today-Sunday, and I wanted to make sure she was in there with food, water, and locked her in there in case anyone decided to come out at day 18. Well she has 1 chick already. OMG, I don't want to leave her now. And OMG its so so tiny. I've hatched Silkies but this little thing is way tinier. I would have never known if she didn't get up all excited that I put food and water in there. I still made her get out of the coop to go to the main food and water. Then she just like plowed over the baby and the eggs going back to her baby so fast when she was noticed I was looking. I didn't see anymore pips but I didn't dare move them. OMG I hope they will be okay in there, She is not the brightest of moms. Last year she hatched 2 clutches, and let the other Silkie take them, and she wasn't even Broody, she just took over. So she is not very mommy like. I just worry that they are so small they will get out of the nest box, even though its the floor one, but there is a little edge to separate, and they won't get back in to mom, and they are so tiny. And its so cold and raining. OMG I'm going to be worried all weekend. Grrrr....
aww! I wouldn't want to leave either! anyone that you trust to be able to check on her?

My husband will be home. But he's really not going tongo out and check on her. He was like they are chickens. They food and water and you locked her in. So no one can go In or out. And it's 100% weather proof. And it's actually really sheltered from the weather. He's like they will be just fine. If I knew she would freak out about moving inside the house in my x large dog crate I would move her. But I'm worried she won't finish sitting. They will just have to be okay till I get home. Just worried about her not noticing she's not sitting on them to keep them warm. Just shocked there is one already. It's day 16. Wow

Back
Top Bottom