Utah!

has anyone on here built their own chicken plucker?  Looking for helpful hints before I jump into this project.  Also someone on here said they would have meatie chicks.....I don't remember who.  Im ready for my next batch ;-)

I have a dark Cornish rooster over dual purpose hens. I do not know how they will dress out, as my oldest are 5 weeks old, but they don't grow anywhere near as quickly as the commercial Cornish cross.

Isadora, congrats on the meaties! Those are a good weight
smile.png
Ours are getting just about big enough for camp. DH keeps picking them up and checking their weight, haha.
THANKS! I was so pleased. I do the same thing, pick them up every day to feel their weight. Last week I was making my friends hold them and feel how fat and how big their breasts were. That's what you get when you visit my flock ;-)

I have a dark Cornish rooster over dual purpose hens. I do not know how they will dress out, as my oldest are 5 weeks old, but they don't grow anywhere near as quickly as the commercial Cornish cross.
It will be exciting to see how they do. I would love some. I thought I was ready for another bunch, I want another bunch, but now DH and I are in discussions regarding space and time.
We just found out we drew out for the deer hunt. This changes the amount of time I can give them to grow, freezer space requirements and many other factors. So he may win this one. I may have to wait till next spring for more chickens.
WE better get at least one deer.

THANKS!  I was so pleased.  I do the same thing, pick them up every day to feel their weight.  Last week I was making my friends hold them and feel how fat and how big their breasts were.  That's what you get when you visit my flock ;-)

Bwahaha! My hubby gives them a little back/under wing massage sometimes. They love it. He's so funny.

Congrats on the deer tag! I'm still trying to figure out if we drew or not. I got one last year and someone swiped the deer before we found it. Dirty booger heads. Hoping this year is better!

It will be exciting to see how they do. I would love some.  I thought I was ready for another  bunch, I want another bunch,  but now DH and I are in discussions regarding space and time.  
     We just found out we drew out for the deer hunt. This changes the amount of time I can give them to grow, freezer space requirements and many other factors. So he may win this one. I may  have to wait till next spring for more chickens. 
    WE better get at least one deer. 

Congrats! I'm waiting to figure out which tag I got as well. I hope you get a deer!

With some help from some nice weather and my awesome husband, my covered and (slightly) expanded run is done.

Tonight the ten-week-olds are going into the big coop and the broody is going into the grow out coop. Then tomorrow I'm taking any viable eggs out of the incubator and putting them under the broody.

Hi all I'm liquidating some of my Serama pairs. I need to make room for the early spring chicks and up coming chicks if interested please PM me your phone number and I can send you a test message. I haven't figured out how to upload pics from my phone to this site or I would just post all pctures here

Bwahaha! My hubby gives them a little back/under wing massage sometimes. They love it. He's so funny.

Congrats on the deer tag! I'm still trying to figure out if we drew or not. I got one last year and someone swiped the deer before we found it. Dirty booger heads. Hoping this year is better!

Congrats! I'm waiting to figure out which tag I got as well. I hope you get a deer!
I HOPE YOU BOTH GET DEER TOO!!! It is so nice to have the freezer full ;-) I do love the time in the mountains too. We save up two weeks vacation for this. This year some of our (more experienced) friends drew out as well so I'm hoping to enjoy their company and learn from their experience. I'm so excited I've been doing the happy dance for a couple of days. I'm already gathering up the clothes and sundries that we will need for the occasion that aren't normally packed. Where did I put those game bags.....;-)

Back
Top Bottom