Utah!

Does anyone know where I can buy some good Americauna chicks in Utah?

Hi...welcome!
frow.gif

Are you wanting pure Ameraucana? Or are the Easter Eggers ok? The feed stores will have plenty of them soon. They may advertise them as Ameraucanas..but they aren't..they are EE's..just as cute if you ask me. The difference being, you will get a blue egg from the pure A...and a blue/green egg from the EE's. :)

The Provo IFA has chicks right now. Only the RIR's..Brown Leghorn's, and the Buff Orpingtons. I had to get a few for my broody mama. She's been trying long enough to be broody, I finally left her alone to go for it, and got her some chicks.

Pure A. You may need to order those from online, or ask around here on BYC..or buy some eggs and hatch them like a few of us do! We are great enablers for that right there!
big_smile.png

I'm in Spanish Fork.

Hi...welcome!
frow.gif

Are you wanting pure Ameraucana? Or are the Easter Eggers ok? The feed stores will have plenty of them soon. They may advertise them as Ameraucanas..but they aren't..they are EE's..just as cute if you ask me. The difference being, you will get a blue egg from the pure A...and a blue/green egg from the EE's. :)

The Provo IFA has chicks right now. Only the RIR's..Brown Leghorn's, and the Buff Orpingtons. I had to get a few for my broody mama. She's been trying long enough to be broody, I finally left her alone to go for it, and got her some chicks.

Pure A. You may need to order those from online, or ask around here on BYC..or buy some eggs and hatch them like a few of us do! We are great enablers for that right there!
big_smile.png

I'm in Spanish Fork.
Are there any advantages to the pure Ameraucana over the Easter eggers?

Also, if anyone has Ameraucana chicks they would like to sell in the next couple of months, I would be very interested.

They lay the blue eggs..no green tint to them. And, there are certain traits that some folks are attracted to. They come in a solid color..most of the time. Their feet are a slate color, no green in the legs or feet like the EE. Look them up, you will see the difference. There is an Americauna thread her on BYC. I'll find it for you.

Americauna thread............They do get to talking about other chickens as well, start at the first of the thread..there are a lot of posts there!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...for-posting-pictures-and-discussing-our-birds

Here is the EE thread...........

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/273489/the-ee-braggers-thread

Last edited:
Sharing in a few places..including the fb page.....love the grandchildren and their curious questions. . . .

Cutest thing ever...Daughter came by with her boys today. One of the boys sees the eggs that I had gathered so far on the counter. He comes up to me and asks..Grandma, did you paint those eggs, or did they come out that way? So cute! Children are amazing with their great questions about interesting new things to them.
2764.png

I agree with Cynthia12. The folks on this forum care about the health of their chickens and are usually a better source for chicks than a farm store. Having said that, I was at Cal-Ranch on 7800 a few days ago and they were selling "Ameraucanas". (I suspect they were actually EEs though.) If you have no other chickens at home, you don't have a flock to infect - just the new chicks themselves. (Call ahead and save yourself the drive!)
Assuming you want colored eggs, another option is Cream Legbars. They are also hard to get (and pricey) but they lay blue eggs too. I don't have any of those chicks this year but I may have some chicks next spring!
wee.gif

Sharing in a few places..including the fb page.....love the grandchildren and their curious questions. . . . Cutest thing ever...Daughter came by with her boys today. One of the boys sees the eggs that I had gathered so far on the counter. He comes up to me and asks..Grandma, did you paint those eggs, or did they come out that way? So cute! Children are amazing with their great questions about interesting new things to them.
2764.png
Pretty :D

Back
Top Bottom