Utah!

Oh no, you got...roostered..or something like that. :) He is pretty handsome.

Looky what I got today!! A mini Goldendoodle. He will be mid size..considered mine. There are now..Toy Goldendoodles. Trying to think of a name for this boy.

Hello everyone, I live in Santaquin, Utah. I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I am interested in starting to raise quail since chickens aren't allowed in neighborhood. I might just try chickens later down the road if I feeling trying my luck with the HOA. But for now I'm going to stick to just quail. I already have 5 that I bought from someone in Highlands but I am pretty sure that 3 of the 5 are males. I would like to hatch my own and get them in the mix but the only places I can find eggs for hatching are online and I really don't want to get them shipped to me. Anyone know of someone, preferably in Utah County or Juab county that sells fertile quail eggs?

Do you do facebook? There is a site there...they may have eggs.

It's Utah/Idaho Chicken Connection...I know there are some that have quail!

Last edited:
I'm in Layton and have 3 hens. All will be a year old in April. I want to add 1 or 2 more hens of different breeds this spring.I am guessing that I should get older birds, not babies. Where do I get year old birds?

I got mine through a friend, but I often see people selling/giving theirs away on Facebook groups. There's a few: Utah/Idaho Chicken Connection, and then Utah Backyard Chicken Enthusiasts. I think I'd definitely start there, and then maybe KSL > Classifieds > Pets and Livestock > Poultry and gamebirds. People are always posting there, I'd just be a little more careful with those :)

Be careful when buying from others. Hopefully you know the person, and know that the birds are healthy, that they have never had the upper respiratory. Make sure you aren't seeing any sneezing, wheezing, or coughing. That the birds are lively, not all fluffed up just sitting there, and you being told that they are just cold and fluffed up. Folks here on BYC are great. I am not sure I would trust ksl, unless you know that they are also on here..and have birds on ksl. :p
I used to buy older birds from others. Then I learned the hard way that I can bring home an illness. It's been years, I haven't bought an older bird for years. If I did..it would be from someone here. Honest folks here.

Hey everyone! Living in Provo and I'm looking to start raising some chickens in my backyard. I have a young daughter who I want teach to love and respect animals. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should buy my first chickens in the area? I'm willing to drive to SLC to get them.

Hey everyone! Living in Provo and I'm looking to start raising some chickens in my backyard. I have a young daughter who I want teach to love and respect animals. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should buy my first chickens in the area? I'm willing to drive to SLC to get them.

I just got some chicks from Linden Nursery just in Lindon. They're awesome, and Patty, the woman in charge of the chicks there, has a huge heart and really cares about them. So when you get them they should all be in good shape & well taken care of. She'll also answer anything you need to know. I recommend that place if you're starting with chicks.

Back
Top Bottom