Utah!

Desert Springs, I am horrified that I sent you a silver pullet by mistake instead of the cockerel that I was trying to place. It there is any chance you would be willing to trade me back for the cockerel that was originally intended for you?? Getting the chicks was a long, hard, and expensive haul for me and I've been sick about since I found out it that I grabbed the wrong chick.

-Grey Bird

I'm also in NE Utah so we can't be that far from each other, I'd be happy to make the drive and bring you the cockerel.

Sorry I didn't get on earlier to ease your mind!!
hugs.gif

Yes, that little cockerel was looking girly... even Casa mentioned it. Casa suggested that since I'm grabbing one of her roos this Saturday, that I could bring back your girl and exchange. Not a problem!!! I understand your horror in realizing you kept the roo instead.

Last edited:
Desert, sorry about your naughty Welsummers. But at least you will be getting purebred Icee eggs this weekend
big_smile.png
I've got five eggs so far. Those girls picked a fine time to be stubborn about laying! I think it's the heat. No matter, I can just squeeze them like ketchup bottles, hehehe! (I kid)
Red, Hi!!
frow.gif

I am so excited about the Icee eggs!!!!!
ya.gif

And yes, the Welsummers were very naughty!!! NuRoo, my little Legbar roo got quite the attitude going after they broke in to visit him. He needed a talking to also!!
sad.png

Desert, I'm also giggling over your wicked chickens and their conjugal visit.

Bad chickens!!!!!
sad.png
Very bad chickens!!!!!!
sad.png
sad.png

Had a long talk with NuRoo (Legbar roo) about minding his manners with the 'girls' and on my way out of the coop he grabbed my pant leg and wouldn't let go. Seemed like he wanted me to stay and continue talking (I must be losing it
roll.png
!!)

Kimmypie, I am old and senile, but if you are anywhere close to me, I'll give you some fun mixed breeds to put under her if you want to encourage it (devil's advocate).

I'm in Eagle Mountain, but get into Lehi/American Fork often. If she were to hatch eggs wouldn't I need to separate her from the others? And fees the babies chick starter and such? Really, with us moving at the end of June (our house sold!) I just can't see adding more craziness... I could hatch the babies and then sell/give back the chicks but I can't take the time to integrate new ones into the flock and I don't have space to separate the mama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had pretty bad hatch rates. I have been keeping humidity at 40%. Many people seem to have luck with dry incubating. I have worried about that in dry Utah, so I want to ask, what do you do? I am setting eggs tonight, and am planning to do dry incubation, but thought I'd ask y'all first :)

I have had pretty bad hatch rates. I have been keeping humidity at 40%. Many people seem to have luck with dry incubating. I have worried about that in dry Utah, so I want to ask, what do you do? I am setting eggs tonight, and am planning to do dry incubation, but thought I'd ask y'all first :)

I go dry hatch. Had great hatch rates last year on shipped and local eggs.., and this year with local eggs, but shipped eggs this year have been terrible. Ugh. I do not think it is because of the low humidity though it usually works fine for me. This is LF eggs only though, if they are bantam I use a little, 25% tops. The air cells get too big on bantams when I go dry hatch.

I usually dry hatch and have been lucky.

Kimmypie, if it were me, I'd break her of the bloodiness. That's too much craziness. Where are you moving?

I am in a panic. I think three of my chickens have botulism. It's the three who are quickest to grab treats. My neighbor has been giving them scraps, and she mentioned a couple days ago she was going to bring some by. Some of the food she's brought by in the past has been moldy, so who knows what she gave them. That's the only explanation I can think of. Their eyes are clear and breathing is fine.

Alright guys. I'm going to run this by you and see what you think. I have 2 bantam wheaten Ameraucanas that I hatched 8 weeks ago. They are both feathering in like girls (although a smidge darker than my older 2 Ameraucana pullets) but yesterday I was looking at one of my 8 week olds. Her comb is getting red. What do you think? Is it possible for a wheaten Ameraucana rooster to color in like a girl, do you think, or am I really grasping at straws? (I need an Amer roo!)

Sold my Serama today. No one spoke up for it here. Hector bought it. :)
I'm sorry I was wishy-washy about your Serama baby, Cynthia. Sometimes I can't make a decision and I sit on the fence forever! (My husband hates that!)
I would have snatched it up in a heartbeat if it wasn't black...I have a ton of black hens, cockerels and a couple black chicks. I want some color!
smile.png
I'm glad that she/he went to a good home with Hector.

Back
Top Bottom