Utah!

Brian, its time to face the truth. He is a rooster.It is a sex link not sure of the mix. The hen was probable a white rock or Delaware. If i was you i would at least keep him for Sunday dinner guest.
droolin.gif
Gary, can't you see that it's a pullet?? LOL....I'm sticken to my guns!

I have four sebastopol geese for sale if anyone is interested. There is one male and three females. I had the three females shipped in from Florida last year.

Tellorton, I think about the only way to keep your chickens safe from hawks is to put poultry netting over the top of their run so the hawk can't get to them. Congrats on the deer!

Kimmypie, it's good to see you again! I can't believe you moved your coop with a crane! What an adventure. Sorry you lost your SS. Sometimes stuff just happens.

Cynthia, sounds like you caught the serama bug. How is Austin doing?

Lisa, your son cracks me up.

Brian, that is an interesting chicken. I do lean towards it being a cockerel, but the body shape/carriage is different.

Alright, I know this has probably been asked at lest 1 million times, but is it normal for our Utah ladies to molt so late in the fall? I went out today and there are feathers everywhere... i had to count to make sure i still had 6 ladies.

So I haven't been on in like a month. I have been so busy since my daughter has started school, you think I would have more free time with her gone, but nope. I still have my 18 lovely ladies, yes I'm 3 over my limit, but I don't count my 4 Bantams, right they don't count, they really aren't a chicken right. Still waiting patiently for them all to lay eggs, I have 4 that have been laying for about a month, and I think my Legbar/FBCM/EE mix that I got from Wendy laid a nice pretty blue egg today, because I have a new mystery egg, and my 2 EEs have been laying for about a month now, one green, one light pale pinkish color. So today I had a green and a blue egg out there, so I don't know who else it could be but the mix. Unless my Marans are broken, and not going to be laying a dark brown egg. Don't t think it was out of Bantam either, it was a very good size egg.

Other then that, I hope everyone is great, I'm like behind 204 posts, so I don't have any hopes in catching up on the reading. I will try to get back on later to see whats going on.

Alright, I know this has probably been asked at lest 1 million times, but is it normal for our Utah ladies to molt so late in the fall? I went out today and there are feathers everywhere... i had to count to make sure i still had 6 ladies.
This is only my first fall with full grown hens but half of my ladies are molting too. Our barred rock looks the worst with the exchequer leghorn not too far behind. It's really funny watching them but I feel so bad because they've got to be cold out there! The BR molted last March or so when there was snow on the ground, so she doesn't choose the greatest weather to molt in. ;) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

My yard looks like the kids had a pillow fight for the last month. My BSL is completely bald on her under side, and 1 of my BO is bald half way down her neck. A couple of my girls have no tail feathers. Next week is supposed to be really cold, hope they do ok.

Good morning, all. I woke this morning to the sound of our gimpy rooster crowing valiantly out in the preserve. About thirty seconds later, he was in his own carrier in the garage so he could get it out of his system - without getting me in trouble. I decided to feed everyone for the morning, despite it still being semi-dark, and two of the turkeys were just sitting in the bushes like, "What?" while everyone else ate. Shoo'd them out of the bushes. One got stuck in the fence and flipped upside down. Grab turkey, free leg, put back in preserve. Check. It's just another morning on the funny farm, here........

Madchicken, my yard looks more like someone exploded
gig.gif
I have so many feathers blowing around out there, I'm surprised that only a few of my girls look half-naked!

Tellorton, nice buck!

Silly - You are absolutely right! I don't think the bantams count as full chickens
wink.png
Neither do pullets that aren't laying yet, muahaha.

LuvinBlueBirds, I will probably be headed down to Spanish Fork and then back to West Valley soon. So.............I dunno. Maybe I can help?
idunno.gif

I missed some people, I know. I'm sorry.

Back
Top Bottom