Utah!

I just checked my incubator and 6 eggs are fertile. 4 look really good. 3 are Silkie eggs but not sure of the other 3. I know the RIR was laying in the Silkies nest before they went broody, actully she still lays an egg between them. She is the top of the bantam hens and makes them give her room by standing on top of them. I also picked up a dozen Barnevelder eggs today to put under some of these dang broodys. These things are large to jumbo. He says he breeds them for egg laying and size of eggs, and all his hens came from jumbo eggs. I never got the chance to see them since he met me at the door with a dozen eggs. Oh well...

The one on the left is a BLRW, middle is an OE and the Barny is on the right.

Gary, are all of your RIR's bantam? Do you have LF? If so, if my boy isn't quiet enough, even with the collar, would you like to have him? He hasn't crowed yet, coming up on 5 months. How old are roosters before they can make a hen a mama?
big_smile.png

And oh yes, he is a Heritage.

Last edited:
Cynthia..Don't you even temp me! You know how i like RIR's. I have 6-8 week old LF Dark RIR's out back right now. I plan on keeping the best looking and selling the rest. Maybe you could keep him and buy the other 4 of my hens.

He is really looking nice too. Getting really dark, along with a pullet I kept when I hatched them out. I am crossing my fingers the collar works, but he has such a deep voice already. I'm worried. Well good, I know he will go to a good home if the collar doesn't work. :)

So good to meet up with chicken people/friends.

sundance, no x-ray, the dr. just put a wrist brace on, figures it's sprained. Now we are twins..lol..almost. You looked so good today. Other than the brace, you look like you are feeling well! So good to see that! Loved your sandles and your bling on your baby. :)

BreAnne..not sure how to spell your name. :/ I am so glad you got those two. You should have seen yourself with that buff...too cute, and when that girl finally looked up at you, we all laughed out loud, and I fear that I more than likely broke Lisa's ear drum..but it was cute.
Could you tell we were having fun Lisa?
I was talking along with you, then realized you were probably working! Sorry about that. sundance thinks the silkie you are getting looks black. I will get you a blue if I get some in this next hatch!
Hard to type with this brace on, but it sure keeps me from hurting myself. Can't bend it the way that makes it hurt. A good thing. sundance, keep that brace where it belongs.lol..

sundance, no x-ray, the dr. just put a wrist brace on, figures it's sprained.  Now we are twins..lol..almost.  You looked so good today.  Other than the brace,  you look like you are feeling well!  So good to see that!   Loved your sandles and your bling on your baby.  :)

BreAnne..not sure how to spell your name.  :/   I am so glad you got those two.  You should have seen yourself with that buff...too cute, and when that girl  finally looked up at you, we all laughed out loud, and I fear that I more than likely broke Lisa's ear drum..but it was cute.
I was talking along with you, then realized you were probably working!  Sorry  about that.  sundance thinks the silkie you are getting looks black.  I will get you a blue if I get some in this next hatch!
Hard to type with this brace on, but it sure keeps me from hurting myself.  Can't bend it the way that makes it hurt.  A good thing.  sundance, keep that brace where it belongs.lol..

You DID sound happy and like you were having fun! I could not hear much of what you were saying, the kids hear were making a ruckus haha :D
Thank you again Sundance and Cynthia for getting the baby on its way back to me! And so glad to hear that Diana is doing well, and Cynthia that your wrist has been seen to. Hope it heals fast!

So, my tiny baby Black Japanese Bantam has fallen ill :( she was perfectly fine yesterday. droppings seem normal (the one I saw), she acts like she has no strength, and is just limp. She can't really walk... just kind of flops. I have been giving her a little bit of sugar water to give her a little bit of oomph.... and I FINALLY got her to eat something (she was rather aggressive about it) so I hope that will give her some strength back. I separated her from the rest, and put one (my calmest) chick in with her.

Anything aside from taking her to the vet that I can do?

I had to hold her up to the little dish. (I hope the water dish won't be a problem... I don't have a second waterer)

Last edited:

sundance, no x-ray, the dr. just put a wrist brace on, figures it's sprained. Now we are twins..lol..almost. You looked so good today. Other than the brace, you look like you are feeling well! So good to see that! Loved your sandles and your bling on your baby. :)

BreAnne..not sure how to spell your name. :/ I am so glad you got those two. You should have seen yourself with that buff...too cute, and when that girl finally looked up at you, we all laughed out loud, and I fear that I more than likely broke Lisa's ear drum..but it was cute.
I was talking along with you, then realized you were probably working! Sorry about that. sundance thinks the silkie you are getting looks black. I will get you a blue if I get some in this next hatch!
Hard to type with this brace on, but it sure keeps me from hurting myself. Can't bend it the way that makes it hurt. A good thing. sundance, keep that brace where it belongs.lol..
Haha Dixie is a doll, i was just in aww looking at her the whole time, lol. She's such a sweety. I cant wait to show her the new coop. She'll get to use it before the babies do. I just got it over the weekend, and just have to finish painting it and then i'll take a pic of it for you guys to see :) And this lil chick is so cute with my other babies. Its definitely smaller then my others but they look adorable together, ill have to take a pic of them all. I will make booties for him/her and try to continue fixing those lil toes if I can. They all are going to make the cutest group of silkies, all different colors :)

Back
Top Bottom