Utah!

I feel so excited and lucky tonight, and had to share! :)
So.. I finally got my hands on 2 splash yesterday that Diana picked up for me (Thanks again!) And then tonight I went down to a couple different IFA stores, cause I knew they should be getting more in any day now and wanted to check if they had anymore splash worth getting, cause I would love a few more to watch :)
Well I ended up finding two more splash at one of them! They are a little darker but look to be splash, they even have the yellow on them that they get. So now I have 4 splash to watch :)

And then to make it an even better night, i went to another IFA right after that and they had just brought in some silkie babies that morning but all of them had a sticky note on their cage saying "All sold" but among those was ONE beautiful Partridge and it was also the ONLY silkie with a HUGE vault! I about died and knew I just had to have it, even though it was apparently sold. But I was literally drooling over it, it was so beautiful :)

The normal chick lady that manages the chicks over there (Lindon nursery) had the day off but I knew if I talked to her she might let me get it anyway because she knows me as the crazy silkie lover who comes in regularly looking for the good quality ones, so I asked if they would call her lol. Well she wanted to speak with me, so I got on the phone with her and she remembered me, and I told her I just had to have this one partridge chick! And she confirmed they were all pre-reserved I guess, but even so she still said yes, ok you can have that one because she's getting more in next week and will just replace it then haha. So I was able to take that one home with me to. I was soo excited she actually said yes, and thanked her several times lol. It felt like christmas morning to me haha. I have wanted a partridge for a while to, and I still cant believe it just happened to be the only one with a vault to which I Love! And a pretty big one at that :)

So pretty much, im feeling really lucky and greatful tonight lol :) I'll post pics of everyone soon :)

The feedstore is sticking with I ordered the "right ones" and just "lucked out" for 3 years and they don't see why we don't want to process smaller birds.

Please any takers out there? I have two gals on my deck that are in pain and I hate to dispatch for no reason. I can't just give them to my dogs looking like a chicken cause I had one I had to train not to kill. AND I hate to put an ad on KSL because I want a humane ending for them. I'm so mad right now ! I've worked 7 days straight with 4 more to go...so I may not reply right away but will check tonight when I get home.

I'm just outside of Park City.

ANYONE PLS? Free to this board. I came home and found one in the coop that was fine this morning now dead. The two in my house are still eating/drinking but won't move an inch. This leaves 9 that can be processed for humans (and 1 that I would use for dogmeat (not as bait tho pls). I just want them to go humanely as possible. If they get to a lower elevation that may buy them more time.

If no one replies by within a day or two I'll just have my husband dispatch them. I'm certain they couldn't take the stress of any nonchicken person rough handling them.

After the thousands I've spent at that store, I can't believe they argued that I "just lucked out" with 4 yrs of prior birds and made no apologies over 12 cheap chicks.
rant.gif
rant over. Just PM me if you can use them. Thanks.

Great Noodle..did you get them from that site? They will be the same as mine. :)
I did indeed! He's got a mix of 3+ Silkie, 3+ Show girl, and 3+ Turken eggs up right now and I kinda wish I'd seen it before I won that bid, I'd love some silkies and show girls. However, I hear hatch rate with shipped eggs is always questionable and hubby REALLY wanted turken eggs, so it's all good! Have yours hatched yet?

I did indeed! He's got a mix of 3+ Silkie, 3+ Show girl, and 3+ Turken eggs up right now and I kinda wish I'd seen it before I won that bid, I'd love some silkies and show girls. However, I hear hatch rate with shipped eggs is always questionable and hubby REALLY wanted turken eggs, so it's all good! Have yours hatched yet?

No, they still have a while. If I get a good hatch, and you want more, let me know. They are looking pretty good so far, some bad air sacs, but not really bad.

I feel so excited and lucky tonight, and had to share! :)
So.. I finally got my hands on 2 splash yesterday that Diana picked up for me (Thanks again!) And then tonight I went down to a couple different IFA stores, cause I knew they should be getting more in any day now and wanted to check if they had anymore splash worth getting, cause I would love a few more to watch :)
Well I ended up finding two more splash at one of them! They are a little darker but look to be splash, they even have the yellow on them that they get. So now I have 4 splash to watch :)

And then to make it an even better night, i went to another IFA right after that and they had just brought in some silkie babies that morning but all of them had a sticky note on their cage saying "All sold" but among those was ONE beautiful Partridge and it was also the ONLY silkie with a HUGE vault! I about died and knew I just had to have it, even though it was apparently sold. But I was literally drooling over it, it was so beautiful :)

The normal chick lady that manages the chicks over there (Lindon nursery) had the day off but I knew if I talked to her she might let me get it anyway because she knows me as the crazy silkie lover who comes in regularly looking for the good quality ones, so I asked if they would call her lol. Well she wanted to speak with me, so I got on the phone with her and she remembered me, and I told her I just had to have this one partridge chick! And she confirmed they were all pre-reserved I guess, but even so she still said yes, ok you can have that one because she's getting more in next week and will just replace it then haha. So I was able to take that one home with me to. I was soo excited she actually said yes, and thanked her several times lol. It felt like christmas morning to me haha. I have wanted a partridge for a while to, and I still cant believe it just happened to be the only one with a vault to which I Love! And a pretty big one at that :)

So pretty much, im feeling really lucky and greatful tonight lol :) I'll post pics of everyone soon :)
Ok Iluv..all I can say is....Squeaky Wheel!!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom