Utah!

rcstanley, sorry about the barred rock… but proud of you for being able to take care of business.
sad.png

Cynthia, lol… thanks for the kind words on my preferred mammal. She is my buddy.

I have never seen such hysteria in a controlled group, such as this BYC forum, regarding 'setting all the eggs.' People need to get out more, it is winter out there,
old.gif

However… I wish I could join you.

RJ

RJ.....we love our chickens, we want more chickens. We want to keep young chickens and keep getting eggs. So..WE..SET..ALL..THE..EGGS.

AND..........................

1826749413pizapw1452991345.jpg

It's snowing pretty hard out there right now, but my chickens are fed, and they have water, and they are happy.
tongue.png

lol nice to see some people dont change and are still hatching like normal lol. waiting on the peeper pics :)

sorry about all the sick animals and rcstanley that you had to put your barred rock down :( that is hard.

exciting to see more people getting into chickens. my advice is avoid building a coop at this time of year if you can, its just super difficult in the wet and cold. granted the coop i build at this time of year was big. but those little buddy propane heaters sure help when building lol.

red i am excited you are trying some brahmas. i hope they work out well for you. they are fun birds i think. and i do love some big fluffy birds :)

I am in Central (near St George), Utah (mountains) I have 26 hens, laying great! Need customers. Yesterday we discovered one hen wounded from others pecking her. So sad, since we have raised them from day old. We are going to remove her, and hope others will be ok.

Sorry about your girl being picked on. It really is safer for them to separate them from the others, though. My mom had her favorite hen pecked to death last year :(

Congratulations to Carrie for sure!  

And Red, glad your kitty is doing better.  Had a big boy that came home often with infections from fighting.  I took care of it most of the time..so, was it from a bad tooth?  

Brahmas!  Very nice looking birds.  I would love to have a Brahama and a LF Cochin, but they are so big!   I need smaller hens in my flock.  Wish I had that extra property. 

Thanks Cynthia. Kitty sure looks scruffy and worse for wear, but he's doing much better :) I have had him inside for the most part so that he doesn't go scrap more while healing. Vet says the abscess was from fighting, but I am keeping at eye on his teeth, nonetheless.

And I am curious to see how big Brahmas are in person, so this should be fun :) DH always wants to have the biggest birds, whether it's chickens or turkeys, lol....... I'm glad we have room to try them!

lol nice to see some people dont change and are still hatching like normal lol. waiting on the peeper pics :)

sorry about all the sick animals and rcstanley that you had to put your barred rock down :( that is hard.

exciting to see more people getting into chickens. my advice is avoid building a coop at this time of year if you can, its just super difficult in the wet and cold. granted the coop i build at this time of year was big. but those little buddy propane heaters sure help when building lol.

red i am excited you are trying some brahmas. i hope they work out well for you. they are fun birds i think. and i do love some big fluffy birds :)

Oop! Forgot to quote this. Thanks, I'm excited, too! :D I love the huge fluffbutts, as well.

Love all the hatching excitement! With that said, is anyone considering purchasing chicks from a hatchery this year? I would love to go in on an order with some of you!

Haha, I love that comic :)

Okay, I think aliens stole my husband and left an imposter in his place. Now he's talking about also hatching Brahma/Cochin crosses. What? Brahma Cochins?? He couldn't even remember the breed of the "red" chickens he kept for years as egg layers!

Haha, I love that comic
smile.png

Okay, I think aliens stole my husband and left an imposter in his place. Now he's talking about also hatching Brahma/Cochin crosses. What? Brahma Cochins?? He couldn't even remember the breed of the "red" chickens he kept for years as egg layers!
Red, are you on the Utah/Idaho chicken connection facebook page? I posted pics of my light brahma on there... not sure if you can tell a size comparison with her in the pics... I also have a facebook page called "Bitsy Chicks" that I am posting pics I've taken of my chickens, ducks, and misc things... (just my own personal page) anyone is welcome to join on there.

Red, are you on the Utah/Idaho chicken connection facebook page? I posted pics of my light brahma on there... not sure if you can tell a size comparison with her in the pics...  I also have a facebook page called "Bitsy Chicks" that I am posting pics I've taken of my chickens, ducks, and misc things... (just my own personal page) anyone is welcome to join on there.

Nope, don't think I am. I'm not on Facebook as much as I used to be. I may have to look for it, though. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom