Utah!

Hi! I’m up in sort of northern Utah in Davis county. I’m worried about how my chickens will handle the weather 😆. Something interesting about my city code, when I looked at all the zoning areas, I found out that my street can have 25 chickens per half acre, while everybody outside of my street can have 6 max, even though the lots are the same size. Kind of strange.

Hi! I’m up in sort of northern Utah in Davis county. I’m worried about how my chickens will handle the weather 😆. Something interesting about my city code, when I looked at all the zoning areas, I found out that my street can have 25 chickens per half acre, while everybody outside of my street can have 6 max, even though the lots are the same size. Kind of strange.
Doesn't seem very fair to the guys that can have 6 only. lol

Hope it works out for you. I think they will be able to handle the weather as lots of people in Utah do them. But yes, you also have strange weather patterns that are more extreme than normal. Like we had a brief snow last week. (Gone the next day but...wow right?)

Its possible the edge of town was on your street? Are you near the border of where older city limits might have been possibly?

Interesting situation you have there.

Doesn't seem very fair to the guys that can have 6 only. lol

Hope it works out for you. I think they will be able to handle the weather as lots of people in Utah do them. But yes, you also have strange weather patterns that are more extreme than normal. Like we had a brief snow last week. (Gone the next day but...wow right?)

Its possible the edge of town was on your street? Are you near the border of where older city limits might have been possibly?

Interesting situation you have there.

I have no idea haha. I think it’s because I’m in one of the like 8 houses that have way bigger lots than the rest, and some of the ones with smaller lots, at the other end of the circle, got included in the zone. I don’t know anything about city planning really.

I'm in Bluffdale! Anyone in Utah that isn't super far away looking for a roo? I've got a super sweet Silver Laced Orpington that's 8 weeks old that I'm 90% certain is a mister... :( My neighborhood won't allow me to keep him...

So, starting at the end of July, I need someone around Ogden with a backyard who can babysit my chickens. They are confined to a coop and run. We will feed/water them, clean out the coop, etc. All we need is a spot to keep them and someone who will let them in at night and out in the day (or we can do that if our rental is close enough). You can keep the eggs. It'll be 5-6 months for our house to be built. These are pets to us so getting rid of them is only a last resort. I can't pay a lot but I'm willing to give what I can.

Back
Top Bottom