Utah!

Lisa, yep, I do the same, day 4 or 5 you will see veins, and a little bean like shape, or, you may see a tiny black spot, the eye developing. Day 10, you really see a lot of movement.

Guess what? The gal that bought the other two lavenders that Elk didn't end up with, is saying that she is pretty sure she has one boy and one girl. Hey, if everyone gets one girl and one boy out of them, we did good splitting them up. I am pretty sure my one and only is a girl from looking at your pictures. Glad for the pics..I don't have another one to compare her with. She is small, and Ameraucanas are known for being slow in Development. My blue A. was. EE's can be too, but I've had some pretty larger girls. Just took some time for them to grow up.
Snow? Got a little to stick on the ground yesterday, today not so much, but the wind chill is not nice! We keep having a few snowflakes here and there. And to think it will be up to 70 by Thurs.!
I just got back from helping a friend down the street DE her birds. She's never done it before. I'm thinking when the weather warms up, time to do mine again.
Brad..what do you think about this weekend? Meet up in Orem? Or do you need us closer?

Over the weekend I set, 3 Sebastopol goose eggs, 4 Swedish Duck eggs, and 2 EEs, and 2 Cochin/Sussex :D

Hope the duck is doing well! I don't know if we told you or not but his name is Bond. Like James Bond because he looks like he is wearing a tux. Hope the eggs turn out as well! Let me know what happens with them!

I've never done DE on my chickens before. I may have you give me a tutorial, Cynthia.

I picked up my hatching eggs that will go to the preschool. I got 3 black copper marans and 4 ameraucanas. Three are lav ameraucana moms. One is a lav americauana/bcm split. Father *could* be lav ameraucana, but possibly not. She separated them about 1.5 weeks ago, so it's hard to say. I'm really excited to see how they turn out. She was a little worried about how cold the BCM eggs got, so we'll see if they develop or not. This will be an exercise in patience though- since it's at my son's preschool, I won't get to candle and obsess the way I normally do.

i think i can do this weekend and i am sure orem will be fine. saturday would be the best day for me, what about you?
Sat. sounds great. Do you know Orem a little bit? How about 8th North, then meet in my favorite meeting spot for you all...lol..Winco parking lot! Let me know if that is ok. My hubby says yes.

I've never done DE on my chickens before. I may have you give me a tutorial, Cynthia.

I picked up my hatching eggs that will go to the preschool. I got 3 black copper marans and 4 ameraucanas. Three are lav ameraucana moms. One is a lav americauana/bcm split. Father *could* be lav ameraucana, but possibly not. She separated them about 1.5 weeks ago, so it's hard to say. I'm really excited to see how they turn out. She was a little worried about how cold the BCM eggs got, so we'll see if they develop or not. This will be an exercise in patience though- since it's at my son's preschool, I won't get to candle and obsess the way I normally do.
Oh yes, I think I was going to try and get pictures when I did that. I will have my hubby take pictures while I do one of them. Will have to pick out my more calm girl for the photo shoot. :)
Shinx, that would bother me too..not being able to watch those eggs. It's really up to the teacher and how well she handles the kids when it comes to the bator. I have a friend that has been going to the school for a few years. She says different teachers, different rates of hatching. She's had a lot of the same teachers during the years. Just tell the teacher the kids need to know that the bator needs to be kept shut, and not bumped. Good luck..sounds like fun to me. Those kids will love it when they start hatching!

Oh yes, I think I was going to try and get pictures when I did that. I will have my hubby take pictures while I do one of them. Will have to pick out my more calm girl for the photo shoot. :)
Shinx, that would bother me too..not being able to watch those eggs. It's really up to the teacher and how well she handles the kids when it comes to the bator. I have a friend that has been going to the school for a few years. She says different teachers, different rates of hatching. She's had a lot of the same teachers during the years. Just tell the teacher the kids need to know that the bator needs to be kept shut, and not bumped. Good luck..sounds like fun to me. Those kids will love it when they start hatching!

Well, I told the teacher in that room to just pretend it isn't there- don't mess with it at all, and don't let the kids mess with it. They're good about supervising the kids well, and I put it in a spot that would make it tough for the kids to reach. She seemed relieved that she didn't have to do anything. Still, I didn't spend a ton of money on these eggs because they are out of my direct control.

Hector, that's great that you got a variety of eggs for hatching. That'll be pretty fun.

And jwoo, it made me smile to see that you named the duck Bond. I applaud the choice in naming him
smile.png

Lisa, we did get some snow in West Valley last night, but it all melted off when the sun came up.

I went with my mom today and picked up some chicken wire for the new run I'm working on at our house, yay! Now I need to get some posts and then go to town. It will be nice to have something in the yard to keep teenage or adult birds in, since I want to bring two more of my pullets out from Tooele so that I can let them run around. They're getting too big for the little pen they're in right now. I hope I can figure out what the heck I'm doing, hehe. I'm...............pretty sure I'll figure it out. We'll see. I'll post pictures once I make some progress.

Back
Top Bottom