Utah!

Hi Everyone! Haven't been on in a while....man o man, you guys are chatty! Last time I looked, it was in the 900's. Anywho....we found out what our intruder is. The light above the coop went on at 1AM so hubby finally went down to see what was going on. Nothing in the yard but when he looked over the fence, guess what was going through my garden out to the street? A small fox! I had suggested that it might be a fox last week since I had seen one a couple of years ago on the outskirts of Magna. We are close to the BLM land designated for horses and cows so I guess the little fox took a little trip to visit us. Now I think I know what happened to the chickens in our neighbor's yard. They were never in a coop and pretty much ran the neighborhood so they had little protection. Little fox must have gotten a wiff of ours in its travels. I don't want to kill it but we are upping the rocks and wire around the bottom of the fence. So, mystery solved.

Hey hey! I'm back from the hunt. Still have some posts to catch up on, so I hope everyone's doing well, including Cynthia's chickies!

Guess what? I got my first deer. Sorry to brag a bit - I'm just so excited.

Mesha, I can get your Am. at CYnthia's no prob. Not sure if we are coming up for the fair, I will let you know! Either way will be up there eventually
smile.png
Are you talking about Labor Day Monday? EDIT: I will let you know if I can go that day, just talked to my daughter and she does have practice during the day but does not care if we go to the fair w/o her, she does not like it so much.

If you are here it would be fun to go with you, I think the poultry shows start at 9 and 10 on Monday morning (eep!), Yes, Labor Day.... (I thought it was kind of weird.. I guess that way you can get on with your day and go boating or whatever after you show your chickens, lol)

Oh, and I've been debating whether or not to say anything, but I have been kicking myself over your blue amer roo and now I'm feeling the same about your black am roo. I'd really like to put him in with these Leghorn EE's I have. I know you promised him to Ann, I don't know how set she is on him, maybe I should PM her?? Since we'll be getting stuff done soon on the expansion, especially if he isn't crowing yet, I think it would work out....anyway... just my rambling thoughts!!

Red... Congrats on your deer!! No need to apologize for bragging... go right on and brag... nice job!!

Hey hey! I'm back from the hunt. Still have some posts to catch up on, so I hope everyone's doing well, including Cynthia's chickies!

Guess what? I got my first deer. Sorry to brag a bit - I'm just so excited.

woot.gif
Congrats! Nice looking buck! They still have the fuzzy on the antlers right now, I remember that when we would go bow hunting at this time of year! I'll bet you are excited...! Do you guys do the process of the deer? I will NEVER forget processing an Elk on our kitchen table, back in the 70's! NEVER again. :) Sure had a lot help doing it with family, but still..and we had a lot of meat during the winter. It was good.
Now, back to chickies....
Need some Polish? I have some buff left! I get straight to the point, don't I? Lisa is coming this way next weekend...just a little more enabling going on here...it will be fun to see who gets what.

Shinx, that poor lavender..and you! I'm so sorry you are going through this, I know how it is. It's so hard to watch them that way. I'm so sorry. :(

If you are here it would be fun to go with you, I think the poultry shows start at 9 and 10 on Monday morning (eep!), Yes, Labor Day.... (I thought it was kind of weird.. I guess that way you can get on with your day and go boating or whatever after you show your chickens, lol)

Oh, and I've been debating whether or not to say anything, but I have been kicking myself over your blue amer roo and now I'm feeling the same about your black am roo. I'd really like to put him in with these Leghorn EE's I have. I know you promised him to Ann, I don't know how set she is on him, maybe I should PM her?? Since we'll be getting stuff done soon on the expansion, especially if he isn't crowing yet, I think it would work out....anyway... just my rambling thoughts!!

Red... Congrats on your deer!! No need to apologize for bragging... go right on and brag... nice job!!

Ok Dalooras, have to warn you, my Wheatons have been eating apples under the apple tree, and yes, that does cause one thing..but the thing I worried about is, their dirty little faces. It's kind of comical actually..to me. I'm used to seeing them pig out on them, they just love those apples! But the dirt under these trees is a real dark black dirt. The Wheatons, and my EE mix show the dirt real bad. I had to bring my hubby out to show him how funny they looked. Their little muffs..a round circle on their faces, just black. Now, where I may think it's cute, you may not like getting a dirty faced girl, but there is no stopping them. Clean them up..they are right back out there! I'm sorry, but you will have a little face to clean when you get them..and, you just may have to buy some apples for them so they don't miss their favorite treat in the yard. :)

Thanks Cynthia! (and Dalooras!) Cynthia, I was pretty excited to get a buck in velvet. I didn't think I was going to get anything, so this big beautiful guy was a nice surprise for me. I don't have the money to get the meat processed, so I've been slicing it up into useable portions, and then we'll freeze it. Sure is good stuff.

And as for the buffs...............Aaaaarg, you know I'm dying to get more chicks! The problem is, I don't have any more room right now. Gotta make sure I don't get more birds than I can feed. Phooey! Thank you, though
smile.png

Congrats on the new babies, Cynthia!!!!!!

Happy, thanks! I think her markings are really cool, too! Glad we were able to catch her and the kittens, if only to get them fixed!

Hooray for Ninja's new home! (in a manner of speaking) We used to have a cat that someone dumped at our house when she was pregnant. She had two litters of kittens, and the one I kept was one of the best mousers we've had. Another of our kitties we have now was dumped at a campground when she was a kitten, and we brought her home and got her fixed.

Sorry, I'm so chatty today.

I had the pleasure of meeting Daloorashens and her darling family yesterday. Her little boys were sp excited to get the black Cochin and I remembered to bring the red ribbon she won at the fair. I gave her anothe couple of extra chicks I had. They had some blue pain on them. The chicks insist on helping me touch uo the coop with paint so they get interesting colors on their feathers sometimes. It was so fun to see her boys reactions to the chickens. They were wonderful

Aren't her boys cute? They came over a while back with their dad to get some chicks I was babysitting for Dalooras/Mesha. I had to laugh - the boys were catching and holding the chicks I had in the yard as soon as they saw them. I think their dad was worried that I'd be upset, but I didn't mind at all. Having them handled helps them to stay gentle, and anyway, the younger boy picked up the sweetest pullet I have
smile.png
She didn't mind, either.

Last edited:
Congrats on your first deer, Red! Did you have a fantastic time?

Is the fancy poultry show at the davis county fairgrounds? If so, I think I'll try to make it.

I thought I'd show you guys a couple pics from my trip. Feel free to scroll past because they're not chicken related.

Back
Top Bottom