Utah!

Love that OEGB rooster. So gorgeous.

Cynthia, that chick is sooooooo cute!

Lilwanis, I would post to the emergencies/disease section and try to get help there. Vets who look at chickens are quite rare.

Lisa, how are you feeling today?

Red, I'm cracking up that they got into the pumpkins.

You guys, I had so much fun at Sundance's place. Cluckingham Palace truly is amazing. I am also ridiculously excited about my chicks. I got a partridge sizzle, a wheaton frizzle and a white silkie. I just couldn't help myself. So, I have Cynthia's chick's sister (crossing fingers). I think the wheaton is my favorite. I've named her Lady Diana. The partridge is Lucy, and the silkie is WowWowWubzy (my five year old's idea). I'm going to have to try to get pictures tomorrow. I don't want to traumatize them any more tonight.

Ok I need some help. We picked our chickens at the end of April ... When should they start laying eggs???? My sister in law got her chickens a week before me and hers started laying 3 weeks ago.... What am I doing wrong??

Ok I need some help. We picked our chickens at the end of April ... When should they start laying eggs???? My sister in law got her chickens a week before me and hers started laying 3 weeks ago.... What am I doing wrong??

Nothing wrong, just need to be patient...wait, unless, they are already laying, and you can't find them.? Are they in a run..with a coop, with nest boxes, or do they free range. If they free range, you need to talk with Red about that! She finally found some hiding places after wondering why her's weren't laying.

Also, if you have EE's or Ameraucanas, they can take up to 6 or 7 months to lay. Not sure what you have? But yes, it should be any time now, if you know for sure they aren't laying. Keep watching. :)

I have some chicks I hatched the first week of April who still aren't laying yet. Some breeds are just slow to start. If your SIL got early maturing breeds, and you got slower, that would explain it.

I'm feeling very impatient.

Cute chick Cynthia!!! I liked the pics of your coop, too Sundance...
whittni. love the pic of the roo, they are soo pretty, it;s awesome how pretty the roos are, love watching them with their girls, too
Lisa... you're moving that much cinderblock??? no wonder you needed a bath!
Lil... hope your BO is ok...
Will be working on the coop again on Wednesday, too cold tomorrow...

AND... I've been super busy and not home much the past couple of days, but I have a new layer!! Yippee!! Found a cute little pullet egg in the run (naughty girl, but a few of them have done that the first couple of times)... now if I could just be sure who it is... Really hoping it's the Marans BSL, she's definitely due to be laying, and the egg isn't terribly dark, but a pretty reddish color. My BA squatted for me today, as I walked by her, it was pretty funny, so I should be getting an egg from her anytime, as well, along with the OE from Michelle and my older bantam cochin pullets....

Lisa... can't wait to hear when your silver OE starts laying!!

Sphinx, can't wait to see pictures. Hope your babies are settling in. My partridge is a piggy. That makes me happy. She cried at first, she was the only one I brought home, so the other babies were>>strangers! Now she is eating, drinking, pooping, just fine. Very easy to handle. Pretty calm. After I catch her. That's a good thing, I have heard, that they scatter instead of running to you when you stick you hand in there, because the girls are usually the scared ones, the little cockerels are the brave ones, and stand their ground..I say...you never know..lol...

Thanks Dalooras! Hope your girl is getting as pretty as mine. I noticed today that her muff is sticking out even more. You got the fluffier one. Now my girl is getting fluffy, she was just behind I guess. Ready for a Lavender Orpington? Or, a Welsummer? Or, a light Sussex? Or a Cinnamon Sussex?
LOL..my last hatches.
Pictures coming in a couple of weeks.

Well, all three chicks are very skittish, so that's working for me, right? I think once they get used to seeing me sitting right next to their aquarium, they'll calm down a bit.

This is Lucy, the Partridge Sizzle:

And WowWowWubsy the white Silkie.

And last, my favorite, Diana, the Wheaton Frizzle. She's definitely the noisiest of the group.

Oh Cynthia, you and your hatching!! I would say yes to a Welsummer, too, but, again, no little chicks right now, I just can't take it, and I am FIRM on that decision=) Now, if I had a broody, that would be a different story, but no more chicks in the house/garage until spring, lol...

oops.. just missed it, cute chicks Sphinx!!!

Last edited:
Sphinx, so so cute! Sundance had some awesome ones in this batch! You picked such a cute variety, I like the Lady Diana too, lots.

Daloorashens, my Silver OE was in the nest yesterday and today! I was so excited, but nothing yet. There was a dark reddish brown one this morning and I thought for a minute it was her and I was sooo bummed out. Then I realized a different one had not laid today and it was hers :) Still hoping for green, waiting, waiting! Let me know when yours lays! I really thought yours would first, a little more red....maybe the Wheaten OE crosses just lay sooner, than the silver OE crosses, because both our silvers are taking their time. My pure Wheaten Am from Michelle laid at 18 weeks, maybe the Wheaten OE inherited it! :D Be sure to post when you get yours, I will too, they should be close together, yes?? Crossies for olive eggs.

Just sayin' I still can barely move lol. I loosened up some this morning and went out there again (yes, crazy!) and raked the old garden flat and planted grass seed. No idea how much you use your abs when you rake until you do it the day after hauling cinderblocks haha! I actually like working hard like that, I can never seem to stop a project in the middle, I have to do it all at once....then I feel soooo happy to have it over. Sore, but happy :) It may take a few days this time :p

Not to enable anyone, but I'm going to be in the Taylorsville area Tuesday, so if anyone up north wants any more of Sundance's amazing chicks, I can play chicken train...

Back
Top Bottom