Va Snow

miss prissy i didnt know you were by me! wow i dont feel so lonely now!

i have pics to share too, but shhh, dont tell dh, he doesnt know i took em, LOL

31039_decsnow_027.jpg

he was Determined that His 4x4 could get out, LOL. it would ve helped if he'da stayed IN the driveway. he ended up with 4 guys helping, but he got out. silly men...
oh and yes, thats a garden shovel....

oh and i went out after posting earlier, my chickies took one look and said, "nope Staying in thank-you" so i got their food and water in there, with some scratch cuz i m not sure if the one is molting or being pecked. we put a piece of roofing over the pop door just in case they change thier minds tho.

Sorry about you're weather down there but you folks are just getting a little taste of what I deal with from October till March. I'm close to lake Michigan and below 30* the lake turns into a giant snow making machine.
Good luck and stay warm. Rich

We can't shovel enough, it just keeps coming back! We have probably close to 20 inches right now. My poor chickens, ducks, horses and goose are miserable
sad.png
There was a snow drift next to my deck so my son stood up and jumped down into it ...he was up to his waist (he is 9)

I'm in Maryland and I think we have over a foot and still falling I didn't let the chickens out of their coop today but I did trek out there every 3 hours or so with unfrozen water. I got 4 eggs from the 7 who are old enough to lay. Not bad:) The sad part was our resident wild turkey. He won't go in the coop and he was so upset and confused about the snow that he didn't even eat the mash I put out for him this morning. He finally huddled on the fence under the porch and ate the scratch I threw out for him. I know he misses the chickens. I guess I'll let them out tomorrow after it stops snowing.
Stay warm and safe everyone!

Back
Top Bottom