Va Snow

bigchrisb1985

Songster
13 Years
Jun 2, 2009
Brookneal, VA
I was wondering if others in central Va are ready for the coming snow? I just checked WSET and it states we could get well over A foot. What will my chickens think as it will be there first snow and it is suppose to be so much of it. I can hear them hallering already

If we get as much as they are calling for and the temps stay low enough we might have a white Chirstmas this year. Expecialy since they are calling for snow again before Christmas

LOL Jbowen -- well some of us around here could probably put you up until they get the roads plowed. We're thinking we're ready, but don't know for sure. Hate snow, prefer it to rain -- a foot of snow won't make the creek rise like a foot of rain. P.S. Need a pair of baby mini-rex bunnies? Got new ones a the NC poultry show...

hey what colorare they but i tell ya what i need is a mille fleur d'uccle rooster mine died of old age or froze last night but i say old age he was around 8 or 9 year old

Lynchburg area here.

I had a rare opportunity to have all 3 of my kids babysat for a Parent's Day out at our church on Saturday, so I could get some much needed shopping done and now it looks like that might get cancelled.
he.gif

I don't really mind the snow itself...just bought a truckload of wood for the woodstove today, so we'll be toasty. I'll need to rig up the heat lamp out in the coop to keep the water bucket thawed, but that's not a big job.

Charlottesville here -- I'm skeptical that we'll really get much, seems like every time we get our hopes up the snow fizzles and we end up with just a couple of inches or ice. The kids are hopeful though! Our hens had their first snow 2 weeks ago. They're in an A-frame tractor, and the snow was so wet that it stuck to the sides of the hardware cloth and none of it actually got into the run. The girls were probably wondering who put out the lights, it was dark in there! But at least it was dry.

Back
Top Bottom