Va Snow

Quote:
Wish I could plug up a heat lamp. I'll have to go out and break ice in 10+ pens as usual....Oh how I love cold weather..LOL

My coop has no electricity or running water, so I'll be running an extension cord over 100yds across the grass to rig up that heat lamp.
lol.png

The rabbits just get bowls of water, even when it freezes, they can still lick it to get water and I break it out every day.

At least the snow keeps the kids occupied now that schools out for Christmas break.

Went to the store this evening, and stocked up on bread, milk, coffee and soup. If our power goes out, we have an automatic generator, so we won't be too bad off, as long as the propane tank doesn't run low. The microwave and fridge will still run.

According to the local news, Powhatan is in the 8-12" zone. Guess the parade is off for Saturday.
hmm.png

Just heard we might get more on Christmas Eve!
th.gif

Just checked the forecast -- okay, I'm not skeptical anymore! Yikes! Just ran to the store to buy waterproof mittens for the kids. Sledding tomorrow for sure!

Yeah I think its for sure coming don't think we'll get as much as some of you further up north. Thinks its calling for 5-8 inches maybe 8-12 in some spots. I work at a bank and have branches in Staunton, lynchburg, christiansburg, Harrisonburg, Verona and Waynsboro so they'll keep us informed on how much its snowing up there.

Last edited:
Louisa County here... actually we're at the Louisa/Goochland/Hanover line.

We just checked the generator to make sure it'll run. Good thing we did because it needed a new spark plug!

Got the milk, bread, beer, generator... should be good to go!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom