Vaccinations

bigbum1984

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 18, 2013
Kent, England
I am currently on day 13 incubating 11 eggs, I cannot put them in with my chickens as mine are rather territorial and don't take well to newbies. I have 3 lohmann hybrids that are 9 months old, when I bought them they had been vaccinated.
I am unsure as to whether I need to have the chicks vaccinated as I am intending on selling them, or do I advise new owners to have them vaccinated?

I worm/mite my chickens, and all the chickens/chicks/poultry I've ever had I have never vaccinated and they have been spot on? I live up north from you in Staffordshire so not too far, but I seriously would not be fussed if you look after them in a clean environment?

Also for the territorial chickens, could you make a pen for the chicks to grow up in around the chickens? I have done this many times and they have been fine with them.

Last edited:
I could set up a pen next to them but do not have a separate coop for them, also one of my females (the dominant female) really doesn't like others, she was the only one that attacked the cockerel, the other two weren't bothered in the slightest.
The first cockerel I had to take back as she was even attacking him at night in the dark (she's a b***h!), ironically she's fine with people, even my 2 year old daughter who wades in and picks her up!

You may just have a boss! Normally every flock has one but it depends on how nice the "leader" is. Maybe you could search some other threads for "Agressive hen" or something? I wouldn't expect a hen to hurt a human as apparently they thing that we're their protectors..

Back
Top Bottom