Valbazen de-worming question....

WhiteMountainsRanch

Crowing
9 Years
Jun 19, 2010
San Diego, CA
Hopefully Dawg or someone who knows will chime in...!
big_smile.png

I am CONSTANTLY battling roundworms. I've been alternating Wazine and Ivermectin and I guess it's not strong enough because it's not working!

I'm going to try Valbazen... so...

Is this the Valbazen I use? How much do I give? Can I put it in the water?

61023_16387.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
You've got the right wormer in the pic. I dont recommend putting it in water. Administer it orally to each bird. If you have alot of birds, split them up into two groups and keep them seperated. Dose one group one day, then the next group the following day.
If you put it in water you dont know if the birds drank the mixture, or drank enough of it to be effective. If you have sick wormy birds, they wont drink it at all. That's why it's best to dose them one by one yourself. Redose in 10 days to kill worm larva hatched from eggs missed since the first dosing. Use a syringe without a needle, 1/2cc for standard size, 1/4cc for smaller birds. Just pull the wattles down and the mouth will open. Squirt it in and let go of the wattles so the bird can swallow it on her own.

I've never seen it at TSC nor any feed store. I've had to order it from Jeffers. Our feed store here just started carrying safeguard liquid goat wormer at almost $28 for the 125ml bottle, Jeffers charges about $17+ $6 shipping for the same bottle. I guess it depends how badly someone needs something whether they pay the higher price or not...that's about true for anything I suppose.

I bought mine at a local feed store. The chickens seem to have tolerated it well. It will also kill tape worms which the others do not kill. Gloria Jean

Quote:
Here in AZ it is prescription only at the vet so one must order it online or have their local vet write a script for it. It is also what we use when we have worms in our flocks which is fortunately rare, but we did just have to deal with tapeworms....

Thanks guys! I guess I will have to order it online as I haven't seen anything like it here either, fortunately it looks like a big bottle so hopefully it will last a long time!

I don't know why I keep getting round worms, either the meds I am using are ineffective, or they keep re-infecting themselves from the ground... either way it sure is a pain!

I got a bottle a week ago from jefferspet.
I'm in Florida if anyone wants to "share" mine..... I'll be at the swap in Ocala this weekend. There's enough in the bottle to do 1000 chickens!

Back
Top Bottom