Valentines Day chicks

Pics
Good morning! Happy Valentine's Birthday little one! Peeping a lot right after hatching is perfectly normal, she's just announcing her arrival!

my humidity dropped to 58% overnight,when should I add water while hatching?

58% is a little low for hatch day but not terrible, it should spike when you see chicks actively hatching. What kind of incubator are you using? Is there an external port to add the water?

Good morning! Happy Valentine's Birthday little one! Peeping a lot right after hatching is perfectly normal, she's just announcing her arrival!

58% is a little low for hatch day but not terrible, it should spike when you see chicks actively hatching. What kind of incubator are you using? Is there an external port to add the water?
It was 65%. Im using a Hova Bator 1602n. It has he removable vent plugs at the top but that’s it.

It was 65%. Im using a Hova Bator 1602n. It has he removable vent plugs at the top but that’s it.

I actually wouldn't worry about it too much then. If you have chicks actively pipped it's better not to open the incubator and in my experience the styrofoam incubators, such as the Hovabator, seem to fair better with slightly lower humidity anyway. If it drops too much then I would consider adding a little water, you can actually use a straw and a syringe, turkey baster, or condiment container and add water through the vent hole without opening the incubator and disturbing the humidity. Right now I wouldn't worry at 58% personally and I would expect you to see the humidity spiking with hatches happening. Good luck on the rest of your hatch! Keep us updated!

I actually wouldn't worry about it too much then. If you have chicks actively pipped it's better not to open the incubator and in my experience the styrofoam incubators, such as the Hovabator, seem to fair better with slightly lower humidity anyway. If it drops too much then I would consider adding a little water, you can actually use a straw and a syringe, turkey baster, or condiment container and add water through the vent hole without opening the incubator and disturbing the humidity. Right now I wouldn't worry at 58% personally and I would expect you to see the humidity spiking with hatches happening. Good luck on the rest of your hatch! Keep us updated!
thank you! 2nd baby just hatched. It’s funny because I figured the ones that were wiggling around the most would be the ones to hatch first.

Attachments

• 34458AAF-9B49-4CEB-A9F9-31A8727844E0.jpeg
    34458AAF-9B49-4CEB-A9F9-31A8727844E0.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 22
thank you!

Attachments

• B047CE5C-FB5A-4503-865E-2D7724255809.jpeg
    B047CE5C-FB5A-4503-865E-2D7724255809.jpeg
    444.2 KB · Views: 18

Back
Top Bottom