Valentine's day hatch-a-long 2017

Most of my eggs have extreme saddle air cells, not looking good for those
sad.png
. There are about 7 that seem to be developing OK though.

If they don't hatch I guess I'll just have to buy more eggs...

My rooster and hens eggs were not fertile. but the eggs I bought from various places are, the extra cold and then warmer weather is hard to keep up with with my incubators! then we have to go away at one point for an overnight... I hope they will be okay...

I found my camera! so these are my homemade incubators...(these incubators are filled with eggs from near by farms. my eggs were not fertile...below is the crock pot incubator due on the 9th...
this egg is on day 18 and you can see a bit of bobbing in the air cell, but not in the photo.

I got a doz. from this gal but one was not fertile, and one stopped developing so far then 10/11. 6 look great 5 look fine but maybe behind the first 6.
2 EE and 8 brown

in this one I currently have eggs from 2 different farms than from the above eggs. some are due on the 14th, some are due on the 16th...
below I just picked up another foam ice chest from second hand for 1 buck.I am going to try my own eggs in it, after I find out if it holds heat good...

Wow, that grey egg is amazing. Seeing them always makes me want to start a new breeding project, imagine a silver chocolate chicken (for me all chickens are required to contain chocolate) that lays grey eggs, maybe even with brown speckles.

Probably I should just stick to the 6 projects I have going right now
tongue.png
But grey eggs are so beautiful... someday.

Good luck on your hatch(es)!

4 hatched over night, day 20 and the one below just hatched, still too wet for group photo, blue dot is egg the hatchling came from, more pips and at least one dud egg.

from group 1

Last edited:
Hi! I forgot to look for the February Hatch Along earlier, but better late than never! I have 20 eggs that I purchased from GardenWren in an auction. Today is day 14 and all 20 eggs seem to be progressing. Not bad for shipped eggs from TN to WA!!! I do have a few air cells that are wonky, but am keeping my fingers crossed. Those I may try to put in an egg carton with the bottom cut out when the go into lock down. She did a great job packing them. Hatch day is the 15th. Hoping maybe for a Valentines chick or two!

my last 2 from the first batch are out, they are getting their sea legs away from the first hatched chicks.
8/10 hatched that made it to lockdown.

My batch #2(due 15/16th)were in a diff incubator, it was getting too warm, I switched bulb, then it got too cold, I cleaned out incubator my 8/10 hatched from, seemed to do okay for them, put #2 in #1's incubator... I don't have alot of hope for batch 2 though...

batch #3 eggs from my coop seem to be developing, 3 days in.

my last 2 from the first batch are out, they are getting their sea legs away from the first hatched chicks.
8/10 hatched that made it to lockdown.

My batch #2(due 15/16th)were in a diff incubator, it was getting too warm, I switched bulb, then it got too cold, I cleaned out incubator my 8/10 hatched from, seemed to do okay for them, put #2 in #1's incubator... I don't have alot of hope for batch 2 though...

batch #3 eggs from my coop seem to be developing, 3 days in.

Very cute
love.gif
. Hope batch #2 is ok
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom